2000pt VC Cavalry list. help needed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    coz
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

2000pt VC Cavalry list. help needed

Hi

Ive decided to start a VC army again and want to base it on a cavalry heavy list.
    I am having a major problem deciding on what to spend my last 130pts.

the army so far

Vampire Lord 320
    Dread knight
    Blood Drinker
    Master of black arts
    (Joins Blood knights)

Vampire 200
    Dread knight
    Ghoulkin
    Hand of dust

20 Ghouls 160

20 Ghouls 160

20 Ghouls 160

5 Black knights 180
    Barding
    Standard
    Musician
    Hell knight

5 Black knights 180

5 Black knights 180

5 Blood knights 330
    Standard
    Musician
    Banner of the Dead Legion

I cant decide on the following

Wight king (joining unit of Black knights)

Vampire scout to tackle wizards and warmachine crew

Increase unit sizes of ghouls or Black knights

Any other ideas more than welcome

I will mostly be fighting a WoC Army mostly Slaneesh but sometimes uses Khorne chosen.Soon i will be going against a Dark Elf army too. Im bored of loosing against Chaos with my Night Goblins

thanks for all the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I would put a wight king in a larger unit of black knights -- say 7 black knights with wight king -- then have your other unit 6 or 8 ( or you could put king in smaller unit)

either way I say go with king to add punch to your main cav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey this is a bit of a late reply but I figured I'd write a bit to add to concillators advice if you're still interested...

I'd suggest removing one of the black knights units from this list, you have 4 units of heavy cavalry in the list so dropping one won't be such a problem. I'd put some or most of those points towards supporting units of dire wolves and possibly a small unit of fel bats (if you're worried about warmachines). The dire wolves are an absolute must against chaos, and are particularly useful against khorne as frenzied units are easily baited and set up for counter charges.

One other quick change to the list would be to put banner of the dead legion on the black knights. They'll find outnumbering more useful than the bloodknights (bloodknights should win combats convincingly and not need to worry about using outnumber to autobreak). If you are worried about bloodknights not winning then drop some ghouls and give them the royal standard of strigos...

It may also be worth placing the balefire spike on the kastellen just to make sure there are a couple of flaming magical attacks in the unit (to deal with regeneration and ethereal units)

Then with the 130 pts I'd be inclined to add another vampire rather than a wight lord (helps with magical defence/ offense, and marching). He could be used to lead another one of the black knights units, but maybe consider putting him on foot with summon ghouls and the flayed hauberk to lead the units of ghouls.

Just my thoughts, have you played any games with the list yet?

+ Reply to Thread