Fist time VC 2000pt list friendly pay - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fist time VC 2000pt list friendly pay

Lord

Vampire Lord
    Magic level 3
    Master of the black arts
    Dark Acolyte
    Lord of the dead
    Flayed Hauberk
    Book of Arkhan 410pts

Heroes

Vampire
    Dark Acolyte
    Lord of the dead
    Tomb Blade 170pts

Vampire
    Dark Acolyte

Vampire
    Dark Acolyte

Core

3 units of 20x skeletons with full command 540pts

Corpse cart with balefire 100pts

20x Zombies 80pts

Rare Varghulf 175pts

3x cairn wraiths AND one banshee 225pts

Any suggestions on this???

It is my first army list for VC's so tell me what you think thank you.....btw this is mainly a raise dead army.... with lots of invocations.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm first i would maybe say drop the units down to to 15 since you will be able to raise them back with the two vamps you should get it back pretty fast along with your cart. also with three units that your vamps can go in you will have to put two vamps in one unit. also i would probly go for a little more hitting power.

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

Welcome to the ranks of the Undead! This is a very good first list.

You've done a good job in setting up characters that have strong magic, but are still well protected. My only suggestion would be to find some armor for the one unarmored Vampire; maybe you could take Dark Acolyte off him and give him Dread Knight and the Black Periapt instead. That would protect him significantly better and give him better mobility, with the lost power die mostly being made up with the Periapt.

I would probably get rid of the Zombie unit. With the number of dice you have, you could pretty easily raise 20 zombies in almost no time, if you decide that you need them. I'm generally opposed to paying for Zombies in a list that has strong magic. You could use the points to pick up a small unit of Dire Wolves, which could either take care of skirmishers or provide you with another flanking element.
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to all of you for the advice... i was thinking about dropping the zombies and maybe adding giving one vampire Walach's Bloody Hauberk, and one the crown of the damned (becasue stupidity at LD 7 should not be too bad) What do you think?? I think I will kepp the skelies as they are because it menas less magic spent on making more of them and more (iun the first turn) either raising new units of zombies or firing magic missiles at the enemy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crown of the Dammed should never go on Ld 7. It's an item that is really meant for your Lord's Ld 10
    Its very smart to keep your Skeleton Blocks starting with at lest 19

It would be a little easier to help if we knew where you planned on putting your hero's
    With Avatar of Death do you plan on going GW, 2xHw or Hw+S?
    Walach's Bloody Hauberk is good as long as your avatar of death is with a hand weapon and shield.

You could get 4 Fel Bats for the same price as those zombies
    If you plan of raising zombies Scepter de Noir is a good choice
    Last edited by apbevan; October 20th, 2008 at 20:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks but (i probably should have made this clear) i am working with what i have so i may add the fel bats when i can afford some.... as for the avatar of death weapon choice. i'm not sure it depends on what im playing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any suggestions on which weapon fro avatar of death?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW what do you think of Konrad and Manfred???

Sorry for double posting

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

At the moment, it looks like you're relying on the Vampires to be your mainstay combat force. The Cairn Wraiths and Banshee are more or less 'support' units from my point of view. The trouble with that school of thought is that your vampires -while intrinsically 'good' at combat- aren't designed for slaughterhouse roles.

Additionally, you could save yourself a few points by dropping a Skeleton from each of your three units. That gives you some space for your vampire, and keeps your rank bonuses. If the vampire leaves, you can always just add a raised skeleton to fill his place. Alternatively, you could drop each of the units to 14, include the vampire, and on the first few turns just start enlarging the units.

I'd also swap the balefire on your cart to a Lodestone. The balefire only works at extremely close range, it's not going to provide much help against incoming long-ranged magic. Whenever I play against vampires, I keep my casters in the second line, towards the flanks, so that even when the carts arrive they are too far to have an effect. The Lodestone can give you an extra bound spell, and will give one of the skeleton/vampire units ASF. I nice trick to have.

You have commands on your skeletons. I usually just field them with a Stadnard Bearer for combat resolution. The musician isn't as useful in an undead army, because they never break, they just take casualties (which your army is very good at replacing). The champion only gives you one extra attack, for nearly the price of one extra skeleton. If you have a vampire in the unit, he's going to replace the champion anyways.

As stated, I'd use the points that you saved on armor for your other vampire, and if you do chose to replace the Zombies, and you shave off enough points across the army, maybe you could get yourself a unit of the nice plastic grave-gaurd and put your Lord in there. That unit would be utterly nasty in combat, and give you a tough crunchy center for the rest of the force.

For the weapons on Avatar of Death, it depends where the model is going to go, and if you give him a magic weapon. With a magic weapon, it wont matter. If he's in a unit, I tend towards the 2 Handweapons. It gives him a +1 parry save in close combat, and +1 attack. The greatweapon is okay, but it makes you attack last unless you have the cart striking behind you.

Named characters in the VC list aren't really for low-point games or friendly play. So I'd avoid them at the moment. Right now, your casters are more powerful than either of these two could be.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread