Librarium Online Forums banner

First try 2000 [Friendly]

380 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Teebs85 
#1 ·
I read the VC armybook first time today and I've never played with them, and for some strange reason, there are no VC players around where I live. Well anyways here we go:

Vampire Lord:
Lvl 3
Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Master of the Black Arts
Staff of Damnation, Walach's Bloody Hauberk

Vampire:
Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead
Hand of Dust

Vampire:
Book of Arkhan

Necromancer:
Dispel Scroll
Sceptre de Noirot

Core:
Skeleton Warrior [15]
Full Command

Skeleton Warrior [14]
Full Command

Skeleton Warrior [14]
Full Command

Special:
Grave Guard [20]
Full Command

Fell Bats [4]

Rare:
Cairn Wraiths [3]

Varghulf [1]

1994 / 2000 points

My idea was simply to keep the Skeleton units small and after the game starts, begin to make the units larger and start moving. Fell Bats and Varghulf are for either Character hunting or Warmachine hunting and Wraiths to support the slower units. All Skeleton and GG units are taking one Character each. Only thing I'm conserned about is the speed of this army. I've got some units with decent speed, but overall the majority of the units won't see combat early on unless my opponent advances fast.

You also might wonder why Sceptre on Necromancer. I figured that maybe use it for some flank protection, not sure how it turns out, but still could try it out.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm pretty sure that my Vampire Lords powers are within the limitation, and it should be legal according to 7th edition armybook no matter how many times I try to check it. I ain't allowed to show the individual points of the powers according to forum rules though.

#5 · (Edited)
Vampire Lord:
Lvl 3
Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Master of the Black Arts
Staff of Damnation, Walach's Bloody Hauberk

Vampire:
Hand of Dust

Vampire:
Book of Arkhan

Necromancer:
Dispel Scroll
Sceptre de Noirot
Out of all your heroes, your lord is on the only one equipped to ever see combat. The others will be way to soft. If you are going to play this way you are going to have to put the other three in a bunker to keep them safe. I think it would make much more sense to switch the Hand of Dust for the Staff of Damnation. That way your caster Vamps can stay out of close combat and still use your bound items while your general can get full use of the Hand of Dust.

I might consider mounting your Lord on a nightmare to get that extra armor save. Since he is still under unit size 5 he can't be singled out for shooting and he'll still benefit for the "Look out! Sir" rule.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.