1000 pt Wight/Skel Heavy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

1000 pt Wight/Skel Heavy

Hey Guys,

I'm going for something a little different (only skeletons, or wights, plus the compulsory vamp. general). Let me know what you think.

HEROES: 395

Vampire (General) (Goes in smaller skeleton unit)
    -Lord of the Dead
    -Flayed Hauberk
    -Dark Acolyte

Wight King (goes in Grave Guard)
    -Drakenhoff Banner

CORE: 265

15 Skeletons

14 Skeletons
    -Banner (Dead Legion)

SPECIAL: 398

14 Grave Guard
    -Banner (Barrows)

5 Black Knights
    -Banner (Hellish Vigor)

TOTAL: 1058

The wight goes into the GG unit for a rock solid unit, flanked by the general's skeleton unit on one side, and the other skel. unit backing up the black knights on the other.

So I need to shave 58 points off to make 1000pts. How about losing the barding from the black knights and the dark acolyte from the general?

2. Remove Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

262 (x7)

Hmm. I personally think that the Drakenhoff banner is a little expensive for a 1000pt army, as it takes more than 10% of the points to make one unit a lot harder.

Granted, that unit is now rock solid, but if they are flanked and start to crumble, they are going to be boned.

Personally, I would drop the standard, and give the wight king the sword of kings instead. I would also drop the banner from the black knights too, as I dislike putting free points on small cav units.

That should allow you to get 2 units of 6 dire wolves to go and flank and warmachine hunt.

Just my thoughts

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

+ Reply to Thread