2000pts Bound list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

2000pts Bound list

I've been toying around with undead for a while and I've always liked the idea of having a load of bound spells come ruin someones day, so as a result I came up with the following list.

Vampire Lord - 385pts
    - Master of Black Arts, Infinite Hatred
    - Flayed Hauberk, Book of Arkhan
    - Mage lvl +1

Vampire - 195pts
    - Dark Acolyte, Avatar of Death
    - Helm of Command, Black Periapt

Vampire - 190pts
    - Dark Acolyte, Avatar of Death
    - Staff of Damnation

Necromancer - 105pts
    - Invocation of Nehek
    - Hand of Dust

20 Grave Gaurd - 295pts
    - Full Command
    - Banner of the undead legion

20 Skeletons - 200pts
    - Full Command, Spears

20 Skeletons - 200pts
    - Full Command, Spears

20 Zombies - XXpts

Corpse Cart - XXXpts
    - Balefire

5 Cairn Wraiths - XXXpts

Total - 2000pts

The idea here is that there's plenty of magic going around which involves making even skeles rather offensively impressive (mix of first striking, spears and Staff of Damnation) and odd surprises like a necromancer with hand of dust....all this mixed with your typical hard hitters like Grave Gaurd and Wraiths.

Now I'm used to playing small lists and coming out fine but I sense some aminosity in this creation but I think it'll be fun regardless. Now I posted this up here for some additional innovative ideas and/or improvements that may help me win. (Although I'd prefer thoughts that go along with the theme )

In future, please do not post points costs of units without upgrades. Many thanks - GN out

Last edited by gingerninja; November 19th, 2008 at 09:44. Reason: Points
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

The army itself looks solid, and should be able to march forward towards the enemy line without any real hesitation. The thing that worries me most about this army is not the lack of troops, it is the lack of fast stuff to take out enemy warmachines and shooting units, which are where I see this army taking a majority of it's casualties from.

You clearly have magical superiority, with 12PD and 4 Bound spells, but if you start getting flanked, or have one unit shot to pieces, you will start losing that edge pretty fast. Also, you lack a way to improve your skeleton numbers over their original count. With this many power dice, I would have seen that as a must.

Personally I do not like spears on a unit of skeletons. I feel their improved defences from the hand weapon + shield combo serves them better, but if you prefer the spears, then that is your choice.

I would personally drop the spears from the 2 skeleton units, and the infinite hatred from the Lord. With these points, I would get a unit of 3 fell bats to go war machine hunting.

That is all

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

+ Reply to Thread