Hmmm...wraith horde? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm...wraith horde?

Hello, once again im here asking for the help of those who know so much......

What do you think of this list....mainly for freindly play but you never know.....hehehe

anyway:

Vampire lord
    Master of the black arts
    Dark acolyte
    Lord of the dead
    book of arkhan
    (and yes i understand that he doesnt have any armour or ward.....he will be in my skellie unit)

Vampire
    Spectral Form

Vampire
    Spectral form

20x skeletons
    full command
    war banner

20x zombies

20x zombies

10x wraiths

10x wraiths

so what do you think

it all adds up to a grand total of dead on 2000pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

You will lose your general at least 9 our of 10 times. Any decent combination of magic, shooting, or combat will bring him down. Your problem is not necessarily that your general has no armor, the problem is that you have virtually nothing protecting him. Any decent oppenent will outmaneuver your two units of wraiths.

Drop a few wraiths (not many, just a few becausei t will go a long way). Make your vampires more versatile. Give your general a means to stay out of harm, or a way to deal with harm. Grab a corpse cart or two. You can have loadstones to help with healing your wraiths, or balefire for some decent amgic defense. Get another unit that can make some kills. Two units is not enough. As you have no offensive magic capabilities, or shooting (well, no VC has shooting) all your kills will have to be done by close combat.

Hope this helps. It's not a bad idea, but if you want the list to work, you'll have to be a little less 'pure' than you have it now.
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Yeah, it'd be tough to win with consistently. I wanted an ethereal army when the book first came out. Spirit hosts, black knights, wraiths. And then I started totaling everything. Ugh!
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread