new to VC - 2250 tournament list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new to VC - 2250 tournament list

please comment on the list below, constructive feedback is needed to refine and improve this list.

trying to go for a strong army list composition, therefore not utilizing the most commonly used items.

the magic is very simple, it will be single dice rolls for IoN boosting 3 units due to the necromancy rule. Hopefully the opponent will wait anticipating a larger spell to be played saving scrolls or the majority of there dispel for the larger spells rolled.

i am only running 2 characters and produce 8PD with bound and 5DS with scroll.

i have tried to make it as aggressive as possible while trying to remain standard to strong.

LORD (560)

Vampire lord, level 3 wizard
    Abyssal terror
    Items : Wristbands of black gold, The flayed hauberk, Dispel scroll
    Gifts : Ghoulkin, Summon ghouls, Master of the black arts
    Total = 560

HERO (165)
    Vampire, level 1 wizard (goes with blood knight unit)
    Items : Blood drinker
    Gifts : Dread knight
    total = 165

CORE (54

15x ghouls
    total = 120
    15x ghouls
    total = 120
    14x ghouls
    total = 112
    6x dire wolves
    total = 48
    6x dire wolves
    total = 48
    corpse cart + unholy lodestone
    total = 100

SPECIAL (456)

3x fell bats
    total = 60
    3x fell bats
    total = 60
    6x black knights + SB + MUSO
    total = 168
    6x black knights + SB + MUSO
    total 168

RARE (515)

5x blood knights + SB + MUSO + royal standard of stirgos
    total = 340
    varghulf
    total = 175

total = 2244

Last edited by ELSE83; January 10th, 2009 at 10:12.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am guessing that with no one replying or posting on this thread that it is a competative army and that minimal changes need to be made?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

That looks pretty tough and kudos on not spamming magic like usual.

One thing you'll worry about is protecting your Vampires. With only 2 I'd try and keep them protected against it. Walauch's Blood Hauberk, Gem of Blood, Nightshroud, or Cavaderous Cuirass will keep them alive longer and protect against nasty stuff like Assassins (you know how nasty DE Assassins can be).

Another thing you may want to consider is the Flag of Blood Keep on your Knights. They're expensive enough that you want them well protected and it doesn't get much better than that. Hatred isn't all that necessary with your high WS and crazy number of attacks.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tottaly agree on the flag of the flood keep thingy and then give you're hero the infinite hatred .
    I think you're lord i quite expensive so i'll give one of my combo's

lord
    lvl 3
    whristbands
    dreadlance

red fury
    flying horror
    nightmare

he can even join units because the mount isn't flying it'd the flying horror that makes the MODEL fly and he kicks ass in combat
    he's a bit cheaper so you can afford a necro with periapt+ scroll

I don't think the ghouls are a good idea if you follow my advice so take 2*10 ghouls and 1 unit of 20 skellies fc

also the corpse cart isn't a good idea i thing because you don't relly on you're infantry

could e wrong so just say it if i am
    Last edited by wout; January 14th, 2009 at 19:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the corpse cart is a good idea. The +1 on the ghouls will be very handy , especially starting at such low numbers. Deathly vigour is good too

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    lord
    lvl 3
    whristbands
    dreadlance

red fury
    flying horror
    Can you use a lance on foot? Not sure you'd get the benefit of it (check the new GW FAQ). Anyway, you definitely wouldn't get the strength bonus.

To the original poster, I like the list. It's somewhat similar to mine.. Just one question:
    - What's your lord's purpose? Seems like a caster type lord, but on a flying monstrous mount.. A bit of a contradiction there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry forgor to add night mare

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious

I'm curious about the abyssal terror on your lord. Your lord seems designed entirely to cast. Caster lords are fine but why such an expensive mount. While it gives your lord flight it makes him a large target that can't be screened by rank and file units.

Also, I really hate blood knights. Good players with fast cav will ensure that you never ever get to use your blood knights. Dire wolf screens of 6 aren't enough to keep line of sight blocked for very long. One round of even moderate shooting and you'll have no screen to keep control of your 340 point unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in response to the above...

my lord is of course a caster and the abyssal terror is for flexibilty. allowing him to fly and be semi-combat effective if need, he is veristile and thats what is needed for this army i think. if a unit is in trouble he has the option of entering combat and maybe swaying the battle.

rough stats suggest that ghouls are as effective as skeletons in CC and better against missle fire just with out the frills of a SB and muso.

plus VC cant really afford to be patient with a average caster army... so i have gone for the before game march move with the ghouls, trying to get them into combat as quick as possible.

also as seen on my lord he is to constantly increase the size of the ghouls, so the corpse cart is necessary to add the +1 to the ghouls raised.

the blood knights will be used as a centre point of the army(middle to middle)... trying for the early break on a CC infantry unit. the vampire is armed with the blood drinker, so he solo heals the unit with his wounds caused.

i have tried to be as flexible and as aggressive as possible and keeping units as self relient as possible.

all of your ideas have been noted, but nothing other then the BANNER OF BLOOD KEEP has really been brought to my attention... and if anyone has suggestions of what units to drop in order to replace the blood knights banner with the BoBK

thank you for reading the list... i just need a little more clarification on the whys?

+ Reply to Thread