2000 Points Vampire Army List, Help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Points Vampire Army List, Help!

Hello Everyone,

I've Recently Started playing Warhammer again from a long break (mostly due to the Girlfriend liking it more than WoW) and i've Decided to go with VC as they seem like a prity cool Option, i love the idea of having a fearless undead horde that the majority of the time is just getting bigger and bigger!

Anyways, My Girlfriends best mates Boyfriend has recently come back from Afghanistan and i found out that he plays it too, he is in the same position as me in Warhammer as neither of us really know how to play and are prity in Experienced at the Game, I recently Grabbed a Copy of the Rulebook and signed us both up for that 4Hour course at our local GW - which happens to be in leeds.

Anyway enough of the Intro,

He Plays Tomb Kings and i prity much want a fairly Even Game were neither of us are particularly over powered and we can enjoy a long afternoon playing the game which only God could have invented to cure the biggest killer in the world - Boredom.

Here's my Army List

Lords and Heros

Vampire Lord - 465P
    Nightmare Mount
    Extra Magic Level
    Skull Staff
    WristBands of Black Gold
    Master of the Black Arts (Lore of the Vampires)
    Dark Acolyte
    Summon Ghouls

Vampire - 185
    1 Power Stone
    Tomb Blade
    Walking Death
    Lord of the Dead

Necromancer - 105P
    Invocation of Nehek
    2 Dispell Scrolls

Core Units

19 Skeleton Warriors - 172P (Vampire will be in this Unit)
    Full Command

11 Ghouls - 88P (Necromancer Will be in this Unit)

12 Ghouls - 104P
    Crypt Ghast

Special Choices

20 Grave Guard - 335P
    Full Command
    - Banner of Barrows
    Great Weapons

5 Black Knights - 190P
    Full Command
    - Banner of Hellfire
    Barding

3 Fell Bats - 60P

3 Fell Bats - 60P

Rare Choices

4 Cairn Wratihs - 225P
    Tomb Banshee

Total = 1999P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, So the Tactics are that the beastly unit of Graveguard will hold the Centre against prity much anything, on its left flank will be the unit of Skeleton Warriors and the Cairn Wraiths, hopefully th Cairn wraiths will be able to flank what ever hits the Skeleton Warriors before they crumble!

On the right Flank there will be the Two units of Crypt Ghouls with the the unit with the necromancer behind the onje with the crypt Ghast, then to the furthur right will be the unit of black knights with the vampire lord in it front by the two units of Fell Bats(htinking of making this into one big unit of 6?

Rumour has it that he is having a Casket of Souls and either a screaming skull catapul tor Scorpion King, with a big unit of 40 core warriors for hisd centre point.

Any Advice on my Army list of any adivce on the best way to beat a Tomb Kings Army will be Greatly appreiciated,

Thanks In advance.

Kingly Regards,

Vamporius

''CRY HAVOC...and let loose the Dogs of War!''

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yoyr army looks solid and so far. My only reconmendation is to drop the Necromancer and add another Vampire. As far as necs go, they are not very good with being only wizards level 1. They are great for low point games, but higher up especially against tomb kings who i play very often, more vampires the better. Drop some points as far as extra ghouls and skeletons to make up for the points needed to field the vampire and by doing this your camp with lord of the dead can simply raise those lost skeles in 1-2 turns. Also think about giving your lord or atleast one of your herosHelm of the Commandments since it helps your weak undead and turn them into fightning machines.
    *Also agenst Tomb kings, fel bats do not do so well since they are also unbreakable and without creatures of the night upgrade, fel bats really are no that good. Replace them if you like with either a wight king who can help your black knights out a lot.
    *Simple tip fighting VC vs TK, they have better units then we do, but we got better heros, use as many heros as you can.
    *hopes this help and good luck and have fun
    Good Luck and have fun!

8th Ed WOOT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Unless you have Helm of Commandment and Book of Arkhan/Forbidden Lore for vanhels then Great Weapon Grave guard are far more ineffective than the Hand Weapon Shield Combo as you youve got a decent chance of failing in combat espcially against some of the Grave Guard equivalents, In combat with GG you really want to rely on a character and go defensive with the rest of the unit

I also once again find myself disagreeing with Zombie,We have far better units than tomb kings, the only problem is that they have range on us and have some nice incantations that can make them far faster than us and also the one for shooting is amazing.

What you really want to look out for is Scorpions and Ushabati these 2 units can completely devsstate us if they manage to get the charge.

Yesterday i used a rather average list agianst a tomb king player who is very good and is up there for tomb kings in my country, He had the advantage early on espcially with his chariots and catapults and then all i had to do was turn and face his unit with my grave guard and make a charge with my blood knights and it was game. So the jiist of that is if you want it to be fair dont take blood knights but also youve got to also notice that every unit that Tomb Kings have, VC have better,

For Example

Tomb Guard < Grave Guard
    TK Chariots < Black Coach (you could have a massive unit of their chariots and they would never come close to it)
    Bone Giant < Varghulf
    TK Cav < Black and Blood Knights
    TK Skellys < VC Skellys
    TK Characters < Vampire's and Wight Kings (i dont see why but i dont see many people take Wight Kings)

The only thing that makes TK decent against us is the Catapults as they rape our Cairn Wraiths and the Scorpions can be carefully placed to take out units of skellys with little support.
    Last edited by Mirage.; February 16th, 2009 at 10:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well in my 7 or so games against TK, the bone giants, Anubis warriors, Scorpions, and chariots as core are a little stronger than any of my units. However you look at who has better units or not, the point still stands that they have far superior units to us and i am not even bringing up their shooting. Mirage i am interested in hearing how you fight against your TK players, but mine for starters has 2 Bone Giants, 6 charriots, 6 anubis guys, 2 scorpions and casket of souls. Every battle i play agaisnt the guy, my varg never even scratches the bone giant with unstoppable charge and he can field 8pt cavalery that acts as a great shield.
    I have no choice but to out magic him and lucky i have an easier time bringing back my guys than he does. The only true stratigy i have to defeat him is my blood Knights and superior magic
    Good Luck and have fun!

8th Ed WOOT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

The person i play doesnt use Bone Giants as he prefers to use 2 Catapults as he is amazing at guess ranges, Yes i agree that you should be having trouble with his chariots espcially if he aims for flank charges, best choice to deal with them is just let them charge or you counter charge in my personal opinion Grave Guard are the best choice to deal with the chariots, as we can kill them because of their crap save and theyd be lucky to kill us, as grave guard are had bastards.

But Overall you do make the easiest choices although cairn wraiths and a coach can do alot of damage if they do not have catapults.

But ideally in my game i just sat back and let him shoot the shit out of me while my blood knights just completely destroyed his flank, but i dont think i would play like that again it doesnt make for a fun game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kk cool cool thanks. That is usually what i tend to do, just sit and wait and while i am waiting a raise some more dead guys Good to hear a second opinion though
    Good Luck and have fun!

8th Ed WOOT

+ Reply to Thread