Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
My final list! (promise!) this one is plain and simple; i have a big unit of very angry vamps. they make anything in front of them go away!!!
this would be my alternate tourny list for when i simply want to see stuff die in a massive display of over-kill!
not quite as magic heavy so most of my magic will just revolve around repairing stuff... hopefully i can still get a vanhel's or three off though!
The Black Marshal’s Dread Legion:
Black Marshal Ashnard, Lord of Eternity. Vampire Lord w/Hand weapon. Level 2 Wizard.
Dark Acolyte, Walking Death, Summon Creatures of the Night, Dread Knight.
Dreadlance, Staff of Damnation.
Cost; 400 pts
*joins Blood Knights.
- tried and tested combo of doom! just too bad i couldn't fit red fury onto him, but i needed to scrimp a bit on the points and i wanted to ensure i had a 3rd level wizard for the extra dispel dice...
Nao’nhak, Herald of the Jackal God. Vampire w/Hand weapon, Nightmare. Level 2* Wizard.
Dark Acolyte, Avatar of Death w/Heavy armour, shield.
Battle Standard Bearer w/The Drakenhof Banner.
Cost; 308 pts
*also joins Blood Knights.
Sokar the Damned One. Vampire w/Hand weapon, Nightmare (+8 pts). Level 1 Wizard.
Infinite Hatred (+25 pts), Ghoulkin (+25 pts)
The Balefire Spike (+10 pts), The Cadaverous Cuirass (+15 pts).
Cost; 183 pts
*joins a unit of ghouls.
- not a bad fighter on the charge. main use is to give both ghoul units a free 8" march move so they won't get left totally behind by the blood knights!
Setesh The Dark One, Necromancer w/Hand weapon. Level 1 Wizard.
Raise Dead, Vanhel’s Danse Macabre (+15 pts)
Scepter de Noirot (+25 pts).
Cost; 95 pts
*joins the skellie unit who hide out somewhere behind the main units!
The Denizens of Netu; 18 Crypt Ghouls w/Hand weapon.
Cost; 152 pts
The Damned; 18 Crypt Ghouls w/Hand weapon.
Cost; 152 pts
The Forsaken Host; 18 Skeleton Warriors w/Hand weapon, Light armour, Shield.
7 Dire Wolves.
The Templars of Anubis; 6 Blood Knights w/Hand weapon, Lance, Heavy armour, Shield, Barded Nightmare.
Standard Bearer w/Royal Banner of Strigos.
Cost; 385 pts
The Lost and the Damned; 7 Cairn Wraiths w/Great weapon
Tomb Banshee w/Hand weapon.
Cost; 375 pts
main plan is that both ghoul units start heading up a flank w/cairn wraiths close by for support and some missile screening.
blood knights w/general + BSB simply plow their way through anything that stands in front of them. will form up 7 wide and use vanhel's to help with manovering.
when the staff of damnation goes off, this unit puts out a grand total of 24 S7 attacks on the charge!!! with re-rolls to-hit of corse.
dire wolves again act as a missile screen and to stop me from being bait charged due to their frenzy...
This list burns my eyes, 8 cairn wraiths and basically 8 blood knights. Might i ask if you have friends playing this game as after playing this they will not want to play you.
I say stick with the list i gave good props too
- daemons. nothing says cheese monkey like daemons - especially the competitive lists!
- dark elves. every single army has the 'reverse ward save of i can't die - ever!' plus there's assassmos everywhere along with plenty of magic tossers...
- empire gunlines. about to get worse once the plastic stank hits the shelves! empire lists are mainly a challenge to see how many hochlands can a 2250pts list pack?!!
- high elves. typically the bulk of the high elf lists are either teclis or else a gunline of bolt throwers with big units of swordmasters and/or white lions... (who would the be led by khorhil of corse!)
sometimes i'll see a unit of pheonix guard w/caradryan, but it's an expensive living bomb...
- skaven SAD armies... 'nuff said
- anvil dwarf gunline.
so yes, we have lots of what most people would call 'broken' armies, but it's expected... the main thing is if the other guy is a jerk or not! most people on the local scene are really good sports, even if the lists can be smelled across the pond!
i kinda expect games to go one of two ways;
a) i get first turn and get the charge, smash through something and gleefully watch the ensuing butchery that is to follow!
b) i lose first turn and the blood knights get shot/magic to death and i lose horribly!