2000 points :) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 points :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 points :)

Lord of the Vampiros 335

Lord of the dead
    Forbidden lore
    Doomed crown
    Black periapt
    Talisman of lycni

Vampire 195

Dark Acolyte
    Summon Ghouls
    Helm of commandant
    Crimson gem of Lahmia

Wight King 172

Battle Standar Bearer
    Steed
    Lance
    Wristbands of black gold
    Enchanted shield

Vampire 175

Dread Knight
    Summon creatures of the night
    Book of Arkahm

Rare:

Varghulf 175

Special:

14 grave guards 198

Banner, musician and Seneschal

5 Black Knights 128

Musician

3 fell bats 60

Core:

15 Squeletons warriors 150

Banner, musician and champion
    Banner of balefire

12 Ghouls 104

Ghast

12 Ghouls 104

Ghast

20 zombies 84

musician

5 dire wolves 40

5 dire wolves 40

5 dire wolves 40

I prefer to bring 3 units of dire wolves because I ´d like redirect charges so I can charge with other units to the flanks etc. They are weaker, but very useful.

My intention is, in magic phase, I need a Vanhels dance. In the step of choose spells, I have two mages of level 2: Vampire and Lord of the vampires. I choose first with the vampire hero and I check if he knows the dance with his 2 spells. If he knows, the lord of the vampires knows another lore (Death, Beasts anytime). If the vampire hero doesn’t know the dance, the lord knows lore of vampires so I always play a Vanhel dance. This is the cause of my lord isn’t of more of level 2. If he is more of level 2 he must choose the spells before the vampire hero and I don’t know if I have the dance and I would have to choose with the lord… and I ‘d like have another lore.

When the magic phase comes, I play of this form: 3 dices for a vanhels dance (when it will be necessary) with 2 dices from the mage and one of initial; If it be dispersed another dance with 2 dices, one from initial and one of: Black periapt or Gem of lahmia. And the book of Arkhan too

I hope your comments, and a lot of Thanks!! ^^

Greets

Quic

P.D ZombieCancer thanks for the another comment ^^, I hope that I have written good this post and, I like reading your opinion (and all of more people)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

That's an interesting way to approach your vampire lord, i would still prefer a level 3 as he would give you an extra DD on top of the extra PD but your list in general doesn't seem to be very magic focused so it could work for you.

Although since your list isn't very heavy on magic I would beef up your starting numbers. Especially since you only have a lvl 2 wizard focused on each power.

I think that the sword of kings would be much better suited for the wight lord than the wristbands would be. Unless you plan on making him go out on his own he should be protected by the black knights and with the sword of kings you not only save 10 pts over the braces but you also save more points because you no longer need the lance. I would use the points saved to add more models to your starting units. alternatively you could only have the enchanted shield and get even more models into those units.
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord of the Vampires 375

Lord of the dead
    Forbidden knowledge
    Dark Acolyte
    Doomed crown
    Black periapt
    Cursed Book

Vampire 195

Dark Acolyte
    Summon Ghouls
    Helm of commandant
    Crimson gem of Lahmia

Wight King 172

Battle Standar Bearer
    Steed
    Lance
    Wristbands of black gold
    Enchanted shield

Vampire 175

Dread Knight
    Summon creatures of the night
    Book of Arkahm

Rare:

Varghulf 175

Special:

14 grave guards 198

Banner, musician and Seneschal

5 Black Knights 128

Musician

3 fell bats 60

Core:

15 Squeletons warriors 150

Banner, musician and champion
    Banner of balefire

12 Ghouls 104

Ghast

12 Ghouls 104

Ghast

20 zombies 84

musician

5 dire wolves 40

5 dire wolves 40

Hello!

I will comment some things of the list, and thank you for answer ^^

Now, I upgrade to my lord of vampires one magic level more. I don’t decide if I choose vampire lore or death lore… I think that death helps a lot to the army, what do you think?
    I understand that the doomed crown is risky, but 4+ especial ward save… there are many things that can kill your general and I think that it is necessary. Mi lord goes to the combat because the attributes of him… are fantastic! WS 7, S 5, T 5…

The crimson gem, is risky too… but this character doesn’t go to the combat, although I hurt him, after I can try to health with the another vampire. The gem… is one of the few things for obtain a power dice. But, I’m testing this object now…

My wright king. I think that he is useful. First because he moves 40 cm (16 inchs). Etheral movement… move for impassable terrain, forests… He isn’t affected for anvil or spells like the beast become frightened… He can go alone to a warmachine, small units and It’s very difficult to kill him by missile attacks. Sometimes, I put him in the flank of Black Knight and that flank is protected of bolt thrower… You can fail the ward save but you have T 5 and 3 wounds too. If kill him, bad look but If he dies I don’t lose magic power. In the tests that I have, he has been fine although I understand that he will not be the most effective, but the miniature and his function… I loving it. For me, he alone is a unit.

My second vampire, I would like that he goes to the combat… and I think that he is fine. Summon Creatures of the night is in him because, against some armies that the fell bats can growing is very offensive, and they grow to 1D6 miniatures. The fell bats begin near of this guy and the spell reaches without problem.

You are right, the grave guard are fantastic with a magic banner but, I don’ t have more points… in this list, I have to drop a unit of 5 dire wolves… and I have caught the cursed book on the lord so he is more protected.

I hope your comments, and I’m sorry if I write too much…

Greets!

Quic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey taitoquic, cool list you got in the works, here are some of my minor comments.
    I would drop the zombies, i love the guys but since they are so easy to raise, for the same price pt wise you can add another squad of Ghouls, or skeletons. These guys can actually do good in combat and since your casters have the spell to help ghouls out, might as well go more ghouls.
    I feel the gem that charges power dice for wounds isn't very effective. If you buy a power stone, it solves his problem of being a low lvl caster, and helps the guy cast the dance you love so much and the other spells he gets.
    I also feel the Vampire with Dread knight doesn't need creatures of the night. Since he is only a level one wizard and assuming he will be in your Bk squad, the odds of him seeing your bats in a weaken state and him not to be in combat will be rare. Also think about giving your BK a banner. The +1 combat really helps and i love my BK more than Blood Knights so i have gotten pretty good at using them. The banner really helps make them a devastating unit, i usually use the one where they get +1 to hit, or enemies roll 3d6 and discard lowest one on LD, something like that.

P.s Dont be afraid to write too much, it helps people see your army ideas and strat, without your descriptions to justify your decisions, people will just try and change your army to look like there's. Normally i would tell you to drop the Dire's without Blood Knights, but thats because the freakin dogs never work for me, but reading your description i see you get them to work which is awesome. Plus if people don't want to take the time to read what you have, then they shouldn't be trying to reply to your post
    Good luck, hopes this helps.
    Last edited by ZombieCancer; April 29th, 2009 at 19:21.
    Good Luck and have fun!

8th Ed WOOT

+ Reply to Thread