2,500! pt Tourny list HELP NEEDED! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

2,500! pt Tourny list HELP NEEDED!

Okay, so- for some strange reason, my shop's upcoming tournament has been enlarged from 2000pts to 2,500. This means that I had to alter the list that I took to the last one. This list is going to be game tested a few times prior to the tournament, but I want to see what you guys think of it. I'm really looking for criticisms here, so don't pull punches (about the list).

Lady Christobel: Lvl4 Vampire Lord w/ Master of the Black Arts, Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Staff of Sorcery, Helm of Commandment, Flayed Hauberk
    @ 390

Sir Castille: Lvl1 Vampire BSB w/ walking death, avatar of death, Drakenhof Banner
    @ 295

Sir Alexandre: Lvl2 Vampire w/ avatar of death, Dark Acolyte, Book of Arkhan, Enchanted Shield
    @ 200

Ali Estyr 'The Crow': Necromancer w/ Staff of Damnation, mounted on Corpse Cart
    @ 170

24 Zombies w/ standard bearer
    @ 104

14 Skeletons w/ standard bearer, champion
    @ 128

14 Skeletons w/ standard bearer, champion
    @ 128

14 Grave Guard w/ champion, musician, standard bearer, banner of the barrows
    @ 270

5 Black Knights w/ barding, standard bearer
    @ 156

5 Black Knights w/ barding, standard bearer
    @ 156

5 Cairn Wraiths
    @ xxx

5 Cairn Wraiths
    @ xxx
    My plan for the list is to use the zombies as a wide screen and IoN them until they're about 60 strong. Meanwhile, Christobel focuses on raising the two regiment of skeletons, until they are each about 20-30 strong. Cart/Nec, BSB, and GG sit in the center of the army. If it looks like the skeletons are going to be flanked, I can pull the other vampires out of those units and into the GG. The Wraiths stay somewhere in this phalanx to react to flankers while the knights stay on the edges to hunt around the zombie block.
    If all goes well, the Graveguard and Skeletons won't have to see combat until late in the game, if at all.

My biggest fear is an enemy monster. I really don't have much to handle something with high toughness like a dragon or mass Stegadon list. I am going to keep the army very tight together, so that the only place to fit a flying monster into would be against the skeleton's flanks or the zombies. If they fly behind me, they have to land and I would have a turn to go 180 with my GG or skeletons. If need be, I could even combat this by lining my army against the back edge of the table, creating a walled fortress.

Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Looks pretty small for 2.5K to be honest, but you can raise guys up, so you should get away with it. To also help combat this, throw the Banner of the Dead Legion somewhere. That way, 20 skeletons counts as 40, and still gets full ranks.

Two things I'll suggest about the Lord. The first is your fear of Dragons and things. Maybe go for Forbidden Lore. It'll do one of two things. First is guarantee Vanhels on the Lord, so you can hit a Dragon with some Wraiths. Depends on the weapon the Rider has, but it gives you an option. Second, you can mess around with other lores to help kill the things. For example, try to kill a Star Dragon using Pit of Shades (only I2), same goes for Stegs. Or maybe hit Daemons with the Lore of Light. You know where I'm going...

Second, he has the Helm with no extra movement at all. I would think this will help him be where he needs to be, as well as escape danger. Maybe look at Lynci to get M9, or Flying Horror, or even a Nightmare...but if you feel his base move is enough, that's cool too.

On the whole, looks pretty good. You do need to pick what spell the Necro has when writing the list though, don't forget that for the tourny.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Boost the GG to 20 at least in 2500pts. As its one of the only units you cannot boost above its starting strength its always worth having start big.

you may find a white king BSB work better for you as a bsb with 3 wounds and T5. assuming your lord isnt in that unit the helm of comandment will ensure the unit deals out some real punishment along with its staying power. Royal banner may also work better so as to get hatred.

Im a little sceptical on the use of your black knights as having one unit is difficult to use effectivly due to needing poximity to a vamp to be at full potential, whilst two units will end up wiith them being glorified chariots or at least taking that role within the army. I woul drop one unit, maybe add one or two to the other unit and give it a full command.

Chances are your skeletons and GG will see combat and you should want it so as you dont gain points by bunkering down but by entering and winning combat. I have found a unit of skeletons with a vampire, full command and a war banner is a very juicy target to people up untill you cast helm of comandment upon it. having raised the unit to about 30 strong it has held off and beaten DE dragons, bloodknights, and the rest.

the only other addition is maybe some dire wolves. you need somthing to rush table quarters and form a screen for other units and these work great for purpose for cheap points.

+ Reply to Thread