2250 tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2250 tournament

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

2250 tournament

10 ghouls +B (ghast)
    10 ghouls +C (ghast)
    10 ghouls +D (ghast)
    3 corps cart(unholy lode stone)

16 grave gard +A 3 ranks 5-5-6 (sanshal & standard barrer royal standard of the strigos)
    4 fell bats
    4 fell bats

1 vargulf

A vampire LORD+1 magic +nightmare 475
    avatar of death/master of the black arts/summon COTN/ghouls
    skull staf/the cadaverous cuirass/cursed book

B vampire+nightmare 193
    book of akrahn

C vampire+nightmare BSB warbanner 208

D vampire+nightmare 203
    summon creatures of the night/dark acolite
    helm of command/black perlaps

main focus is to get the bats up to 10-15 modddels so when i flank charge i have 2 ranks +side
    get the ghouls up to 22+ 5-5-6-6
    vargulf is fore killing warmaschiens and yust pissing them off

and with 13PD 4(5)bound spell and raise 1d6+3 (bats(wounds) /grave gard/ghouls/posebly 1d6+7zombies) and 7 dispell dice +1 to dispell

i can build up my ghouls 2x as fast easy repair gravegards and have a big striker blokes of flyres and vargulf

wat do you think any tips or idee's?
    i still trying to figure out wat to do about high elf /dark elf dragon +lord last tournament of the 22 peaple there where like 12 who played dark/high elfs with that dragon+lord thing

2. Remove Advertisements

Son of LO
    9 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

298 (x7)

fell bats as flankers aren' that hot since units of flyers are treated as skirmishers (pg69) thus, no negating enemy ranks & no rank bonus... plus, with their 40mm bases, they don't get that many models into the fighting rank. (5 at most if you're lucky!!!)

the ghoul units need to start bigger - especially against evles who can wipe out an entire unit with their shooting/magic missiles should they get the first turn!!! against elves of all flavours, i'd start your ghouls at 15 strong... the extra 5 models/unit can mean that if they spread their fire around, you'll still have a couple ghouls left, while if they focuse fire to wipe out an entire unit, they'd be extremely lucky to wipe out more than just 1 unit!

grave guard could also do with being bigger IMHO... i never go into 2000-2250pts without at least 18-20... 3-5 extra models may not smea like much, but it's often made the difference between losing the entire unit or having 1 or 2 models left in close games!
    also, i'd go for the banner of the barrows over the royal banner... +1 to-hit every round is infinitely better than re-rolls 1st turn only. besides, if you want your re-rolls, then just hit the unit with a vanhel's once it's in combat!

as for combating dragons, here's a few ideas;
    - lord with the tried & tested dreadlance + red fury combo... even a dragon (or better yet the character riding the flying lizard!) is going to feel auto-hitting S7 attacks!
    - if regen is a problem, try for this little 'cruise missile lord' combo: hellsteed +
    Red Fury, Infinite Hatred, Avatar of Death w/Heavy armour, Shield, Balefire Spike, Wristbands & Hand of Dust.
    so you've got a solid armour save, a 3+ ward vs any ranged attacks and a potential 8 S7 flaming attacks to throw about after a hand of dust in the magic phase!!! (this is the combo i used to rock morghur master of skull's face btw!)
    - a lord w/forbidden lore is handy for gaining combat buffing spells like bear's anger or flaming sword. give him the talisman of lycni for the added speed boost.
    - take a dragon your own!!!lol.
    - if all else fails, just slap a massive unit of raised zombies in his face! works brilliantly if they're magic defenses are lacking a bit... that lizard will be stuck all day fighting off 50+ zombies who'll simply keep coming back for more face kicking!

+ Reply to Thread