2000pt Balanced List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt Balanced List

I've found this list is working well for me but it's always a close call. Any inpute would be useful.

Vampire Lord
    Blood Drinker
    Walach's Bloody Hauberk
    Black Periapt
    Red Fury
    Dread Knight
    Infinite Hatred

Vampire
    Dark Acolyte
    BSB: Drakenhof

Vampire
    Tomb Blade
    Flayed Hauberk
    Dark Acolyte
    Lord of the Dead

Core
    Skeleton Warriors x 10
    Skeleton Warriors x 10
    Skeleton Warriors x 10
    Dire Wolves x 5

Special
    Grave Guard x 18
    Banner of the Barrows

Black Knights x 5
    Standard of Hellish Vigour

Rare
    Blood Knights x 4
    The Flag of Blood Keep

The Lord goes along with the Blood Knights for a brutal hammer while the GG/BSB anvil is supported by a unit of skellys with the skelly vamp and my Black Knights. The other two units of 10 skellys are for march block and distracting units away from my GG. The Dire Wolves support the Blood Knights. Casters concentrate on IoN and Vahle's Danse if they get it.

Last edited by Regnal; July 15th, 2009 at 03:44.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

I dont know where you get the idea this list is balanced its quite cheesey, although i do agree with how youve kitted out your bloodknights, i wouldnt put a character in their tho, they dont need it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think today people through around cheesy armies way to much. Your army does not abuse any rules and you defiantly dont try to fit in tons of overpowering units. YOur army is a good solid army so far and here are some suggestions.
    I feel your lord could drop Blood drinker and Black Pendant for the spike you get to hit automatically, that with red fury is usually a good combo, also save you some points with Inf Hatred.
    I think your vampire with the drak banner for a 2k pt army isnt really necessary, it is 100pt banner for only 2k and you can swap it for another hero or extra squad of dires. Not that the banner is a bad, just an option to play with.

I think barrows on a GG squad without GW is sort of a waste, 45pts just to hit better. I would maybe switch for the flaming attacks banner or just a normal standard. It seems like if you keep Drak, theres no need for Barrows, extra points can go towards more core, ect.

Overall your army is a cavilery bases army and i feel it has a lot of points stack into only a few units. This is good in general but a few armies, Demons of Chaos, Lizardmen and Wood elfs love when people do this because they can tear your 300pt squads up in no time. Also having 2 strong cavilery units and combat heros makes you weak to magic, and most good magic armies will pick lore of light or what ever its called that delivers d6 str 5 hits no saves. This will make your knights go down fast. Just some small things to keep in mind,

With an army like yours, its a strong first punch that might see a few wins or two, but when your opponite sees an army like yours they quickly learn to beat it and it will get harder to play
    Good Luck and have fun!

8th Ed WOOT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

..... sorry zombie, but what you said just makes me have to prove its cheese.

Combat beast vampire lord, with the ability to heal any unit hes with, great so up to 8 wounds healed on a unit

Dickenhoff Banner, need i say more

Minimal core with NO command, this is probably the biggest hit the army, because basically your saying to your opponent, you have to kill all my really hard crap for you to win, these small units can be made bigger but theyre only worth 80 points HA in your face.

Blood Knights, although the hits small its still a hit

Points denying is the largest thing in this list that lets it down if you dropped the dickenhoff banner and made the skeleton blocks 15-20 man with FC you should be ok VC wise but this is just ridiculous, Zombie if you believe this is balanced you need to read up on some comp mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Suggestions:
    • Drop the Drakenhof Banner...! It is not worth it in this list
    1. Add another unit of Black Knights
    or
    2. Boost your Grave Guards

Don't bother the Cheese... Since you're not going with 14-15 PD+ it is acceptable, Mouhahahahahaha

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

+ Reply to Thread