Starting WFB and VC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Starting WFB and VC

Right so i am just getting into WFB from 40k,and after reading most of the army books i decided to start Tomb kings, and Vampire counts as a secondary army later. But after reading the fluff of the lahmia vampires (which interested me) i noticed it would make sense for them to be using undead Nehekaran soldiers from the ruins of Lahmia. So i decided to start both armies at the same time, the VC using the tomb king skeleton warriors for their own warriors,and the tomb guards as their grave guards. Fluffwise it would be a group of lahmia vampires who decided to join up to reclaim the ruined city of Lahmia from where the first of their family came from, Once they arrive the forces they've raised in the desert clash against the army of one of the cities mighty tomb kings...Anyways enough rambling, i know i've taken lots,probably too much skellie warriors and grave guards, but it's mostly because i get to use those for both the armies, and i like having big blocks of infantry. I tried to represent the lahmia theme among my vampires as best i could while keeping them good (at least i hope so) by taking several of the Courtly vampire powers. I'm willing to make lots of changes, so just suggest what you think is best...so here goes the list.

Lvl3 Vampire Lord
    Master of the Dark Arts
    Forbidden Lore
    Lord of the Dead
    Sword of might
    Walach's bloody hauberk
    @365

Vampire BSB
    Walking Death
    War Banner
    BsB
    @195

Vampire
    Dark Acolyte
    Lord of the Dead
    The book of Arkhan
    @ 180

Vampire
    Sword of kings
    Hand weapon
    Nightshroud
    Infinite Hatred
    @ 170

20 Skeletons
    Standard Bearer
    @ 170

20 Skeletons
    Standard Bearer
    @ 170

20 Skeletons
    Standard Bearer
    @ 170

5 Dire Wolves
    @40

20 Grave Guard
    Standard Bearer, Champion
    Royal Standard of Strigos
    @298

6 Dark knights
    Barded steeds
    @ 168

6 Dark knights
    Barded steeds
    @ 168

6 Dark knights
    Barded steeds
    @ 168

2250 points
    10 Powerdice
    6 dispel dicae

Last edited by Svalene; July 31st, 2009 at 14:55.
    -A tau, dark eldar and slaanesh csm player
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm im coming from the 40k universe aswell (Eldar).
    and starting out either a TB or VC army!
    Creepy haha.

Picked the VC due to the TB had to little to none Core troops that actually caught my eye.
    Good luck with your army! I will sure keep reading this thread for some inputs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your vampires seem slighly unprotected to me... other than your lord (2+ AS but no ward) the others seem quite vulnerable. Good defense is crucial here... as such I really recommend the dread knight power (if it doesn't go against the fluff you're looking for)... it's cheap, gives a very respectable armor save, an extra mount attack, and a nice pokey lance on the charge... all without spending a single point on magic items!

I understand why you're taking the big skellies / GG blocks if you're doing both armies at once... only issue I see with that is you are going to be very very slow... of course with a horde that side, I can see you not having any exposed flanks!

A unit of Black Knights may go a long way... (still skellie like for your theme)

Don't know if you're opposed to vargulfs at all theme wise, but one of those racing up your flank tends to keep your opponent concerned about that, and perhaps buying your slow moving infantry some more time to get across the board...

Sounds like it will be a nice sight though, that big horde shambling forwards....

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

Jack Shrapnel; the count(or countess in this case) has got a 4+ AS and 5+ ward.

The first thing I'd is drop one of the BK units. 2 will be enough.

168pts to play with. More wolves! Definitely get another group of 5 in there. 128pts left then. What to do, what to do... Probably add in some champions with your vampires(so you can avoid scary characters with your vampires). For the remaining points I'd get Fell bats.

With your nightshroud vampire I suggest a different route. I find it rather risky to use on a t4 model with 2 wounds. Instead I'd go with the so-called "The Lady's Champion". Quite simply, Infinite hatred, AoDeath(with GW) and flayed hauberk and preferbly a scroll as you have none. This one packs S7 attacks with re-rolls to hit and a nice 2+ save. In short, your basic knight in shining armour type.

Cheers
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..... I believe Svalene is changing their list after we post suggestions...

that or I am completely bonkers with my recommendations !

.... not that this isn't out of the realm of possibilities either though!

I'll second the recommendation for one less unit of knights... dogs are invaluable for a number of uses, so I'd also agree there.... Another way to do the support vamp would be to keep GW, Flayed Hauberk and the scroll, but rather than infinite hatred get flying... gives the option of launching out of the unit towards a vulnerable target.... but those rerolls are sure nice so hatred is another perfectly viable option of course - just personal preferences.....
    Last edited by Jack Shrapnel; July 31st, 2009 at 17:18.

+ Reply to Thread