1k Ghouls noob need help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Ron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k Ghouls noob need help

I'm thinking about slowly building up a VC army relying heavily on Ghouls. What I was thinking of so far was:

Vampire(General) w/Ghoulkin, Summon Ghouls, The Flayed Hauberk, and Sword of Battle
    180 Points

Vampire w/Avatar of Death, Summon Ghouls and Book of Arkhan
    170 Points

13xCrypt Ghouls+Crypt Ghast
    120 Points

13xCrypt Ghouls+Crypt Ghast
    120 Points

Corpse Cart w/Unholy Lodestone
    100 Points

Thats 630 Points so far, but nothing is really that fast or hits that hard. I was thinking of getting a "Oh crap" unit that would support the core of the force here. Like some Cairn Wraiths+Banshee, a Varghulf, or maybe even a Black Coach(not sure about this since I want my PD to get more Ghoulies).

Anyone have any suggestions? Do I really need Zombies? Maybe not to buy as a unit, but to get from the "Raise Dead" spell?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some zombies are really useful. You don't necessarily need to summon huge units of them, but you can summon up lines of zombies to redirect charges. If you have an incoming knight unit or something, put half a dozen zombies in there and angle them away from your forces. The knights will have to charge through the zombies to get at you, but they have to align themselves to the zombies, so when they kill them and overrun, they'll go away from your army. With a little luck and practice you can make them overrun off the table and get rid of them for an entire turn.
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would take a varghulf and buy more zombies to prevent shooting from the pesky archers like wood elves
    (\_/)
    (0.0) Evil Bunny!
    (><)

Ron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies so far guys. How does this list look?

Vampire(General) w/Ghoulkin, Summon Ghouls, The Flayed Hauberk, and Sword of Battle
    180 Points

170 Points

Necromancer w/Extra Necromancy Spell, Black Periapt
    85 Points

Nice support wizard. Gives me another IoN, ensures another Danse spell and gains an extra PD or DD as needed.

9xCrypt Ghouls+Crypt Ghast
    88 Points

88 Points

Why pay for what I can summon?

20xSkeleton Warriors w/Spears, Full Command, Banner of Hellfire
    210 Points

The Battalion box comes with them and they seem like a nice unit for Static CR. Banner is nice and cheap and great for surprising etheral/regen enemies. I'm not so sure about the cost for the unit as a whole though. It seems a little high.

100 Points

Varghulf
    175 Points

Fast, hits fairly hard, and is a vampire. It's also kind of fluffy for it to be in a Ghoul oriented army.

996 Points. Comments, anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far guys. How does this list look?

180 Points

170 Points

Necromancer w/Extra Necromancy Spell, Black Periapt
    85 Points

Nice support wizard. Gives me another IoN, ensures another Danse spell and gains an extra PD or DD as needed.

88 Points

88 Points

Why pay for what I can summon?

20xSkeleton Warriors w/Spears, Full Command, Banner of Hellfire
    210 Points

The Battalion box comes with them and they seem like a nice unit for Static CR. Banner is nice and cheap and great for surprising etheral/regen enemies. I'm not so sure about the cost for the unit as a whole though. It seems a little high.

100 Points

Varghulf
    175 Points

Fast, hits fairly hard, and is a vampire. It's also kind of fluffy for it to be in a Ghoul oriented army.

996 Points. Comments, anyone?
    i would put the necromancer on the corpse cart so it can join a unit to keep it safe and really help boost a unit, and i would drop the skeletons in favor of more ghouls in your ghoul units, those are my opinions about it so far it is looking like a good list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just make the necromancer go on the corpse cart so he can some protection because you dont want to keep him alone and you dont want to put him with your ghouls and use some of the points of the skeletons you may take out for dire wolves or for dire bats
    (\_/)
    (0.0) Evil Bunny!
    (><)

+ Reply to Thread