500 pt VC Pirates - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x2)

500 pt VC Pirates

Beware, listening to Alestorm can give you ideas. Anyway, would this even be worth the effort?:

Vampire - 150
    dark acolyte

20 Skeleton warriors - 180
    command

20 Zombies - 92
    command

10 Crypt Ghouls - 80

502 pt

The obvious tactic would be to mire the enemy in the zombies, with flank charges from ghouls and skeletons, vampire in the skeletons, chopping, raising and whatever offensive magic he gets. Is this too simplistic? Do VC work at 500 pt?

This might or might not happen, depending on how enthusiastic or overworked I feel. And the response I get. Just wanted to hear your thoughts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Having played a whole warband game before at 500pts, i'd say I think this really looks like it could work out. Having something a little more hard hitting in their might not hurt though, not exactly sure what would work there though. Falling short on ranks is what can really kill you in low points so I think you've got that part down well enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

113 (x2)

Hard-hitting, eh? I could switch the ghouls for either a naked wight-king or a corpsecart. The cart might be worth it for the ASF, but I'm not sure. There isn't really room for anything else.

Could play around with the vampire's powers and gear, though. Suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Are you playing warbands or full ruled WFB? In Warbands that's one of the better vampires you can put together really. Maybe 6 GG with a musician to do flank charges? At 500pts you can really experiment so perhaps look into a bunch of things. You don't really NEED anything extra, I was just wondering what other options you could be taking.
    Last edited by Alzer; September 24th, 2009 at 19:45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

113 (x2)

Are you playing warbands or full ruled WFB?
    Could be either one. I don't actually know the rules for warbands (I'm a bit hazy on the WHFB rules too).

This would actually be more of a modelling/painting project (like almost everything I do), but I do want it to be fully playable if I do.

I hadn't spotted the Grave guard. That could actually be brutal if set up right. Would also be slightly less models to do. The original list would only need a battalion box and a vampire to be complete, though.

Anyway, thanks for your help, Alzer. Rep.

+ Reply to Thread