3k - First ever Fantasy List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3k - First ever Fantasy List

Yo guys,

I must say that I am loving this army so far. I have just bought myself the Army book, and I'm very impressed by what the army has to offer. I am really looking forward to building a really good army, and even summon additional units beyond my starting sizes, which is defiently going to cause a few laughs/tears along the way.

This is my first ever list for Fantasy. At my local GW, Tuesday nights everyone who plays fantasy only plays 3k matches, so I figured that I might aswell follow suit, so here it is; enjoy!

Vampire Lord - General
    - Summon Ghouls
    - Dread Knight
    - Walach's Blood Hauberk
    - Red Fury
    - Blood Drinker
    - Infinite Hatred
    - Additional Magic Level

Points - 455

Vampire Lord

- Summon Ghouls
    - Dark Acolyte
    - Supernatural Horror
    - Infinite Hatred
    - Crown of the Damned
    - The Flayed Hauberk
    - Blood Drinker

Points - 400

Wight King
    - Skeletal Steed
    - w/Barding
    - Lance
    - Battle Standard Bearer
    - The Drakenhof Banner

Points - 257

Crypt Ghouls x 20
    - Crypt Ghast

Points 168

Crypt Ghouls x 20
    - Crypt Ghast

Points 168

Crypt Ghouls x 20
    - Crypt Ghast

Points 168

Crypt Ghouls x 20
    - Crypt Ghast

Points 168

Corpse Cart
    - Balefire

Points - 100

Corpse Cart
    - Balefire

Points - 100

Grave Guard x 29
    - Seneschal
    - Musician
    - Standard Bearer
    - Banner if the Barrows

Points - 543

Blood Knights x 8
    - Musician
    - Standard Bearer

Points - 470

Total Points - 2997

Hopefully this list will prove to be a tough opponent. I have given my General a Blood Knight unit, with the Wight King also in the unit. THis will give everyone in that unit Regen, and of course the blood drinker will revive any lost Blood Knights as the battle wages on.

The Grave Guard will be the main attack unit in my eyes, the Vampire Lord on foot will be at the head of this unit, and he also has a blood drinker to hopefully revive any lost units.

I will obviously raise as many ghouls as possible in the opening turns, and maybe even bring in some zombie hordes to slow down my opponent, while I get my real threats into position.

What do you think of my list??

Orc Army 40k. Wins 5 -2 Losses. Loss vs Chaos Marines.
    Currently Collecting Dwarves WFB. Time to get my Beard on!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Clampy, i dont advice to go for 3k points right away, but to build a 1k, then 2k army. Then you keep adding to your army, but if u want a 3k fast, here are so basic advice on VC.

You have 2 lords, which is great. However, you only have 1 hero. This is a huge problem since our heros and lords are the one thing that separated us. You want to max out the number of heros you can fit to maximize your undead creation and fighting, even if they are basic necs

This might sound crappy to hear, but VC armies have a really hard time out fighting any army. We rely mostly on Fear, and Combat bonuses. The last game i played 2v2, i probably only did about 5-8 wounds all game against DOc and OG, 2k each. I admit i built a more tar pit army to help my Allie tarpit the demons and big ogres along with cast support magic, but the point is, basic undead doesnt hurt jack.

That is why our heros are so important, for both magic and combat support.

Another thing, is your ghouls are fine at squads of 16, with casters and summon ghouls, you can increase their numbers fast. Dont put Ghast, they have an extra attack but are challenge bait for your opponite to wail on him and get extra wounds which you do not need. Ghast only squads with heros.

You do not need a Squad of 20+ GG unless your fighting Bloodthrister, and even then. YOu just need about 16min to about 24 max.They are easy to raise and with a hero get even more deadly.

If your going spend so much points on Blood Knights, give them Drakenholf banner or the one thats a 3+ ward against missle. This helps keep them alive.

Last think about putting the upgrade on a vampire where all ghouls can make a free move, might help you.

Good luck and have fun
    Last edited by ZombieCancer; October 14th, 2009 at 00:48.
    Good Luck and have fun!

8th Ed WOOT

+ Reply to Thread