starting 1k VC army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

starting 1k VC army

My brother wants to start vampire counts, he's never played with or against them before because this is his first fantasy army, he's buying the battalion and doesn't know what to do from there but we have the army book so we have fair knowledge about the vampire counts, we've tried writing a list but couldn't so need help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

The first step, is to decide what he wants to be fielding for his vampires.

Does he want to run zombie horde? Skeleton horde, or ghoul packs? Core is something that really builds the rest of your army.

Next is what sort of leader. Combat vampire, casting vampire?

From there, deciding over infantry, cavalry or ethereals for the rest of his force.

Does he like the "creatures of the night" feel? Or is he more into ranks of once-noble soldiers brought back to life to fight for evil? How about festering hordes of rotting corpses puppeted back to life? Finding a theme and striving for it is an important way to focus out on what you want. This will give your brother a strong starting point for his list, as well as focusing what he wants to buy, which will save money (which might be my favorite part).

Also this thread should go in the "Vampire Counts Army Lists" forum if you want to be working up Army Lists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well he says he would like to field as many skellys as possible and have a casting vampire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we had another try at a list and came up with this:

Vampire

The Flayed Hauberk
    Dark Acolyte
    Lord of the Dead
    170pts

Wight King
    Lance
    Skeletal Steed (with barding)
    Walach’s Bloody Hauberk
    152pts

Necromancer

1 Extra Spell
    Black Periapt
    Dispel Scroll
    (Mounted on a Corpse Cart)
    110pts

20 Skeletons

Full Command
    Standard of Hellish Vigour
    205pts

10 Ghouls

Crypt Ghast
    88pts

Corpse Cart

Balefire
    100pts

Varghulf

can we hav some suggestions for changes if need be plz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

With the casting Vampire and Lord of the Dead, I'd go with taking two squads of 15 skeletons, and dropping the ghouls, that way you can increase their squad sizes up to 20-25 in the first couple rounds.

I'm not really sure where your wight king fits in for this. Strong unit, but kind of an odd addition. Also I wouldn't blow that many points on a secondary character's armor, especially one that already has a 2+ save.

As your vampire will be best kept close to your skeletons, the Standard on them isn't going to be as effective. I'd grab a warbanner, or maybe banner of the dead legions. Work up your static combat resolution.

+ Reply to Thread