2000pt anti-magic theme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -33 (x0)

2000pt anti-magic theme

Hello again folks, hope you aren't sick of my threads quite yet.

As the title states, I want to come up with a 2000 point list with the theme being, anti-magic. I don't have a set list as I want to get input from you folks of what to put in but I do have some basic ideas of what to have in.

two corpse carts with balefire and a black coach should be a good starter for an 'anti-magic' theme. Combine that with a very cast-intensive lord, possibly even Manny as he has ridiculous amounts of power dice so I can power up the coach early on.

As for what else to put in I am at a loss. I'd love to hear your suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

well, the pair of corpse carts w/balefire are a good start! if you plan on using a coach, i would highly advise against putting any necros on the cart/s... you want to maximise your power dice pool to;
    a) power up the coach right off the bat
    b) still be able to raise fresh troops on those important first couple of turns!
    to support your coach, the cheapest option is fell bats as flying units are simply amazingly powerful in the current edition... hardier options include black knights, a vargulf or wraiths. remember, the coach may become all-powerful, but it's still a chariot and thus it needs support otherwise it will become bogged down and destroyed through combat res...

manny is a good choice, but he can get super expensive... i might just go with a standard vamp lord w/master of the black arts, forbidden lore, summon power + extra magic level. that's still 5 power dice! and best of all, you've got amazing flexibility in your magical assault... (as you can tailor your main caster's lore to suit your opponent's weakness!)

a pair of dark acolyte vamps are a must, maybe even all 3 heroes as Lv2 casters... i wouldn't give a basic vamp the MotBA's power since they become far too dependant on what spell they'll roll... (all too often you get a fairly mediocre spell, and it's not like they can help boost max unit sizes.)
    still, it can be dead helpful to skimp a bit on the magic and take the war machine/missile troop hunting vampire w/talisman of the lycni to help support your coach!

as for your troops, you're best to stick to either skellies or ghouls for your core. you likely won't have the extra dice turn 1/2 to spread about invo's across multiple troops types... ghouls are tougher & fightier, but skellies give you armour plus solid SCR...

for your other units, black knights are my personal fav. ethereal movement cavalry is simply a laugh! don't bother with barding their ponies though, as you're simply slowing them down...
    unless you plan to bunker your lord behind the main fighting line, grave guard make the best bodyguard unit for your general obviously. if you want an offensive unit, give them great weapons & run them 7 wide to maximise your base-to-base contact. otherwise keep them with shields and stick to the basic 5 wide... oh, and don't forget the unit champ so you can keep your general safe from challenges!

anyways, i hope this helps,
    cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -33 (x0)

for the grave guard body guard unit with HW/S how many would be effective as a bodyguard unit, 15 strong? Same question about the cores, 10 seems to frail if I don't get first turn so 15 again?

Fellbats, a unit of base 3 or more?

Black knights should command be bothered with?

And how should it be deployed to maximize the effect of Evokation of Death?

Vampire Lord 355 - stick this guy with one of the skeleton units
    +1 Magic lvl
    MoBA
    FLore
    LotD

(1) Vampire 150 - stuck in with skeleton unit 1, supports same unit
    DA
    LotD

(2) Vampire 150 - stuck in with skeleton unit 2, supports same unit
    DA
    LotD

Vampire 200 - this here is my war machine/ranged unit hunter.
    Hunter in the D.
    Armor of the N.
    Talis of Lyci
    S of Battle
    Infinite Hatred

(1) 14 skeletons 132 - first core to get pumped, left side of the coach
    Command

(2) 14 skeletons 132 - second core to get pumped, right side of the coach
    Command

10 Ghouls 80 - my light flankers/ cheap screen if I can't get zombies up and running

Corpse Cart 100 - part of the anti-magic core
    Balefire

Corpse Cart 100 - same as above
    Balefire

Black Coach XXX - literal centerpiece

5 Black knights 120 - flank hammer

5 Fell Bats 100 - reaction annoyance unit/ war machine hunters

Vargulf XXX - flank hammer

Last edited by Hito; December 3rd, 2009 at 22:30. Reason: updated list

+ Reply to Thread