Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
im just starting vc and want some advice on additions to this force to get it up to 2k
Vamp lord on zombie dragon, dark acolyte, magic level, dispel scroll, the flayed hauberk infinite hatred 660
necomancer nightmare 2x dispel scrolls 120
vamp bsb flag of blood keep and ghoulkind 225
10 crypt ghouls and crypt ghast 88
10 grave guard with command and banner of hellish vigour 175
4 cairn wraiths and banshee 275
That leaves me with 282 points to mess around with suggestions?
- lose the dragon. he's sucking up way too many pts right now, plus it's putting your general into a very vulnerable position... dragon lists are quite difficult to run with for us untill about the 2500+ pts limit where you can afford the extra strain on your pts. your entire army is badly suffering right now since you're also tying up too many pts into your rare slots as well.
- asign a specific role to each vampire. it's not so much that we can multi-task sorcery & combat onto one model that makes vamps so fearsome, but rather that our characters can synergise so well together that makes us amazing! (ie: a fighty vampire can still toss out a key magic spell or suck-up some dispel dice/scrolls before chopping people up, while the true 'mage' is left to buff his fightier counter-part and the unit as well!)
- naked vamps die really, really fast... always buy armour for your vamps unless you're going to bunker them behind your main line. right now your BSB is just a big handful of 'free' VP's since he's only 2W/T4.
- get a summoning power or two with your vamps. one of our greatest strengths lies in our ability to bulk out our starting units... right now you can't do that!
decide on weather you're going to go skellies or ghouls and then get the coresponding summoning power. spending a few pts on a summoning power is far cheaper than buying larger units to begin with! it also helps you save some pts on your main core units so you can aford other things!
- frontline units need to be at least 15 strong to have any hope of surviving... your grave guard will die horribly quickly to pretty much anything stronger than fast cav since you have at best a static combat res of 2! (1 rank + 1 banner) you won't outnumber with only 10 - and thus you can't auto-break your opponent via fear. also, that banner's going to be easy to capture, which means yet another 'free' 100VP's for your opponent!
finally, grave guard really need the barrows banner since their WS3 is only average... they'll have to get lucky to generate alot of hits when needing 4's. the barrows banner at least means you can relliably hit most enemy's on 3's!
hope this helps,
Ok this is a revised list
Vampire Lord, abyssal terror, forbidden lore, dark acolyte, walachs bloody hauberk, dispel scroll=465
Vampire, bsb, flag of blood keep, Summon ghouls=225
Necromancer, Nightmare, dispel scroll, black periapt=110
20 crypt ghouls, crypt ghast=168
20 Grave guard, command, banner of the barrows=310
4 cairn wraiths, tomb banshee=275
That any better?