Librarium Online Forums banner

1000 Pt VC vs DE

564 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Yanda 
#1 ·
This is my first match with VC but I think im going in with a good gameplan. Ive played against the DE player before and he likes to stick to a gunline formation usually going heavy on repeater crossbowmen and 2 bolt throwers and a group of executioners.

My List:
Vampire - 145 Pts
Helm of Commandment
Black Periapt

Vampire - 150 Pts
The Books of Arkhan
Lord of the Dead

Vampire - 125 Pts
Sceptre de Noirot

Crypt Ghouls - (14) - 120 Pts
Crypt Ghast

Skeleton Warriors - (13) - 104 Pts

Black Knights - (5) - 156 Pts
Hell Knight
Skeletal Steeds Barding

Cairn Wraiths - (3) - 150 Pts

Dire Wolves - (6) - 48 Pts

Total Army Points: 998pts

Going to use the Sceptre to block LOS of his rows of repeater crossbow men while I buff up the group of skeletons with the
lord of the dead vampire. im going to use my skirmished Wraiths to protect my ghouls from the shooting phase and try to suprizehim by going 7 bases wide. The Wolves should screen for the knights for a nice flank, giving me a few options with the helm of command. I can use it on the ghouls, knights or wraiths assuming I can get them in a nice position.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Updated: Clothed my vampire and downgraded to Necromancers so I could afford more skeletons.

Vampire (General)
Helm of Commandment
Black Periapt
Lord of the Dead
Total 180

Necromancer
Extra Spell (Macabre)
The Book of Arkhan
Total 105

Necromancer
Extra Spell (Macabre)
Extra Spell (Raise Dead)
Sceptre de Noirot
Total 110

Dire Wolves (6) -
Total - 48 Points

Black Knights (5)
Hell Knight
Skeletal Steeds Barding
Total 156 Points

Ghouls (14)
Ghast
Total 120 Points

Skeletons (17)
Total - 136 Points

Cairn Wraiths (3)
Total - 150 Points

Grand Total - 997

#3 ·
"Solid Victory" I got unlucky on the 1st turn I was casting a spell with one of my necro's and rolled double ones, and then rolled a 10 on the miscast charge rendering him useless for the match, my dire wolves and obventually my knights became cannon fodder for his 2 bolt throwers. However he had no anwser for my Cairn wraiths incombination with the helm of commandment. The ghouls did there job unlike those dirty skeletons that got rolled in combat resolution by his corsairs. Was a fun game and it was nice to come out with the victory in my first VC match.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.