2000 Point VC Tourney list with comp score - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Point VC Tourney list with comp score

Vampire - Dread Knight, Goulkin, Walachs Bloody Hauberk
    Wight King - Skeletel steed, SkabSkrath
    Wight King - Great Weapon

Ghouls X 24 + Ghast
    Ghouls X 24 + Ghast
    Ghouls X 24 + Ghast
    Ghouls X 23 + Ghast

Black Knights X 10 FC, Screaming Banner
    Black Coach
    Black Coach

So this isn't my most competetive list ever, and i have several others i am thinking heavily about as i normally play with a much more magically oreinted list, but i like this list as it is very well themed and it has real potential with as much terror and hitting power as it has.

One thing i have tried out a little and loved when i did is using a Screaming Banner in a big unit of Black Knights, the Wight King with skabscrath will join this unit at the beggining of the battle if i am playing against some fear causing units like chaos knights or ogre's or the like, as the terror will be knocked down to fear and again be taken on 3 dice.

Let me know if you guys see any weakness' in this list because so far it has a really really good comp score and i still think it is playable and i can win with it, i will be play testing it and several others next week.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

i like the theme, i like the idea, personally i would switch another black knight for another vamp, just to keep your units a little more sustained but thats personal preference, i only used a wight king once and thats just coz i wanted a tgh7 hero (my lord took lore of beasts)

i love black coach's but i dont know about 2... its pretty hard to get all effects early enough as it is, even against high elves, with 2 i would imagine its pretty difficult

maybe dropping one for another unit of black knights? thats all i can suggest... nice list

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by drach42 View Post
    Vampire - Dread Knight, Goulkin, Walachs Bloody Hauberk
    +++ for a fighty lord, i'd stick him with the ghouls and add on hatred & red fury... perhaps slap the blood drinker on him too so that way he also reses troops in combat as well as the magic phase?!+++

Wight King - Skeletel steed, SkabSkrath

+++ i'd swap at least 1 of these guys for another vamp... at least a support caster with say DA/avatar and BoA or else maybe try and throw in a surprise hand of dust for kicks or else the staff of damnation for a 'free' combat round?!
    another fun idea to keep with the fightier these would be the gunline hunter; hunter in the dark, supernatural horror, armour of the night/wristbands, talisman of the lycni. makes for a pretty scary war machine/missile unit killer who's dead hard to get rid of!+++

Ghouls X 24 + Ghast
    Ghouls X 24 + Ghast
    Ghouls X 24 + Ghast
    Ghouls X 23 + Ghast

Black Knights X 10 FC, Screaming Banner
    +++ i'd drop the unit down to 7... you only need the extra body or three to make sure you still have full frontage when you charge. the wight king adds a bunch of killing power, plus most units will almost always need 6's to hit you in return! missile fire is a near non-issue since you can just happily trot through cover to add even more to-hit modifiers.
    also, keep in mind that with US22, (adding in the wight king), it's quite possible that you could break the enemy before your charge even hits home, and then you've left yourself wide open to some more magical/shooting punishment! (oops!)+++

Black Coach
    Black Coach
    +++ you in no way have the magic to support these guys... i'd drop both of them and look into say some blood knights w/banner of blood keep and perhaps some fast screening units like fell bats.
    right now these are just inferior, super expensive chariots. coaches need to get those evocation effects to truely be effective, and typically it's too late by the time you reach the enemy wizards... (you're either heavily wounded and/or the enemy wizards simply keep backing away since you only have a 6" range for your evocation!)+++
    i like the idea; a hard-hitting, monstrous host of the damned! but i think you've gone a wee bit too magic light! you still need some raising/healing ability, right now you've got next to none! also, those coaches have no synergy in this list - you'd be better off with more cavalry, perhaps a vargulf and/or wraiths with some screening troops like dire wolves...

another very helpful unit for any combat list is to get a few doggy dragon traps, a unit of 7 dire wolves w/doom wolf.

another way to go too for a fighty lord, is thus;
    infinite hate, red fury, avatar w/shield. hellsteed. wristbands, balefire spike, hand of dust.
    used him as a laugh an boy did he rape my opponent!!! 3+ ward save vs all ranged attacks is nice, but the hand caught my opponent off guard and it's 2D6 S5 hits took down alot of his elves... then add on the surefire 6-8 wounds the lord's going to cause.
    support him well and pick your targets carfully, and this guy turned into a one man wrecking crew!

anyways, i hope this helps,
    cheers!
    Last edited by experiment 626; March 5th, 2010 at 15:44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the imput, and yes 626 you are right i don't have any magic right now, and if you didn't notice that Vampire wasn't a lord he was just a vampire, it is a 400 pt comp score swing if you don't take a lord, the comp score for this list was 4192 so it was relatively high.

The black coach's are the only viable choice and i figure if i bring 2 of em that much better, varghulfs are a decent hit to comp for each one, and every wraith above 3 is a big hit as well, so it would be a 3 man wraith unit or get rid of both coaches and go for some blood knights, but they don't fit in as well with the list, another reason for taking the coaches isn't just to use my dice to boost them, they are very good even without the boost, but if i put them next to enemy casters it helps nullify magic somewhat as this list didn't have much magic defense, every die that the coaches suck up is one more not going against me.

but i have revised the list tell me what you think

Lord - Magic level, Dark Acolyte, Ghoulkin, Dread Knight, Raise Ghouls, Walachs Bloody Hauberk 395
    Wight King - BSB, Great Weapon, Banner of Hellfire 120
    Wight King - Mount, Skabscrath 120
    Wight King - Great Weapon 85

Black Knights X 10 FC, Screaming Banner 320
    Black Coach
    Black Coach

at this point i have 560 pts to use on ghould and i was deciding to go with 3 or 4 units 3 bigger units would be better for comp as the first 3 units i take get double the units points twoard comp so if i took 3 of them it would be 1120 pts twoard comp if i took 3 bigger ones and a barebones 10 man ghoul unit the comp loss would be negligable only 80 or 88 pts depending on if i took a ghast or not, but if i spread it evenly and took 4 units the comp loss would be bigger but it would be tactically more flexible.

Right now i am taking 3 untis for maximum comp

Ghouls X 23 Ghast 192
    Ghouls X 22 Ghast 184
    Ghouls X 22 Ghast 184

exactly 2000 pts comp is 3420

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

just out of curiosity, what are the comp rules for adepti-con?!
    (personally i'm not a fan of comp rules in general, as i feel that any army is beatable if you use the proper tactics - even daemons! comp rules just smacks of whining and a cheap way to get around an enemy's strengths...)

i'd still see if you could get the blood drinker onto your general though. makes it a wee bit easier to keep his unit bulked up since he'll add his kills to the unit itself!

also, maybe see if you could upgrade skabscrath to the hand of dust?! you've got 2 terror causers already, so really, a 3rd isn't needed as those coaches can effect a rather larger area themselves...
    as long as it wouldn't hit your comp too much, the hand could be a nasty little surprise to pull out after your lord finishs his casting. 2D6 S5 hits is going to put the hurt on pretty much anything, and it could also help remove a rank or two before the combat phase!

cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keeping to the Theme of the Description, I would take out the Black Coaches and Replace them with Blood Knights. Then drop a Wight or 2 and add a vampire(s) with the Terror Upgrade. I have found every game i field a WIght, Combat, BSB, or Vamp protection, they fail epic.

This would give you BLood Knights which are better than the Coach, and 2 Vampires inside with Terror, so they keep to your Terror theme.
    With this reduce the Black Knights down to 7, and keep 1 Wight in them. Give him the Weapon that gives Terror and you have a really fast terror army but dont lack hard hitting units!
    Hope this helps!
    Good Luck and have fun!

8th Ed WOOT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ended up redoing the list again after several test games against one of my friends he played his tourney high elves and empire against me. I made alot of mistakes the first game and ended up giving him a small victory, the second game went to a draw and the 3rd after retooling my list ended up with me on top, i dropped a bunch of ghoul models both black coach's and the terror wight king added a blood drinker vampire and 6 blood knights and a varghulf, as he fits in the ghoul army better than the coach anyways so screw the comp.

The first 2 games it didn't help that he destroyed my IoN on my general in the fisrt turn. On top of that he had 3 wizards and got off drain magic constantly, and then he had an unkillable character which i let my lord be in a challange with and without that extra killing his unit got its face beaten in and with no IoN's to help my lord died to CR.

Here is the Comp score system
    http://www.adepticon.org/?dl_id=89

Thank you again for the input it is appreciated

+ Reply to Thread