Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I am getting my list ready for Adepticon and I seem to have lost a lot of power to my list since going down to 2k. My main testing opponents are Dark Elves and Warriors of Chaos, and the best I have done is draw. I would really appreciate any feedback, whether positive or negative.
Lords & Heros
Upgrade to lvl 3, Master of the Black Arts, Forbidden Lore, Lord of the Dead
Sword of Might, Nightshroud, Helm of Commandment
Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead
Sword of Battle, Flayed Hauberk
2 spells2x dispell scrolls
BSB - Drakenhof Banner (regen)Great Weapon
FC, unit of 10
FC, unit of 11
unit of 20
FC, Royal Standard of Strigos (hatred), unit of 16
Standard & Musician, unit of 5
Total point cost: 1999
Last edited by Ridarsin; March 7th, 2010 at 15:23.
ok a few things here not really make alot of sense to me
your lords equipment suggest you dont want him in combat, because if he doesnt kill what he hits, what ever hits back is prob goin to kill him,
im assuming possibly he is goin in the grave guard? atleast then he will have regen... but why the helm of commandment? the grave guard need to be getting into combat, not as a lord shield, drop the unit, Bulk up your skelly units a bit so they are harder to kill on turn 1, put the wight king on a skeletel steed with a lance, the lord and one vamp into a skelton unit each
put the necromance on a corpse cart, or swap him out for another vampire.
im not a huge fav of varghulf, personally i would use some of the points from dropping grave guard to up atleast one of them to a black coach, or even a cheap unit of blood knights for a double threat scene, give the black knights the black banner(+1 to hit) and Strigos to Blood Knights, people wont know which to target and it will scare them... also buy your zombies a banner and musician if you have the points( i love watching zombies win combat )
i hope this helps, and that you make many more undead from the flesh of those filthy elves
here's my suggestions;
- i agree about the comments on your lord; he's too confused as to his overall role he plays in supporting your army... S6 suggests he wants to fight, but the shroud is more defensive and the lack of any ward save means he's going to get butchered on the front lines! the helm is pointless for a frontline character. you want your grave guard especially to benifit from the higher WS, but they never will if your vamp is hanging out with them! (as he'll be considered to be 'in combat' along with the GG)
your powers suggest a caster set-up, not a fighty one.
basically what i'd do is sit down and pick a role; either magical support or blood drenched killer! with your choice of powers you currently have, i'd say stick to magic and give him some better supportive magic items... things like say the skull staff or book of arkhan, bloody hauberk perhaps for some solid defense + ward save, maybe the helm of commandment + staff of damnation for a real killer combo! (WS7 to one unit + extra round of combat in the magic phase!)
or if you want him fighty, them swap out his powers for the hurty combos like red fury + infinite hatred with say the blood drinker or one of the magical lances. add on some armour and a ward save to keep him good and safe!
- necros should only have 1 spell. they simply can't get enoug hdice to cast more than 1 spell a phase, so you're better off picking what role you want them take and then kit them out for just that role!
for example, if you want to spam zombies, then take raise dead + scepter de noirot to maximise the number of zombies you'll get from him! or else if you need some more vanhel's danse, then slap the book of arkhan on him and suddenly he effectively casts it twice each turn!
and yes, the necro should ride the corpse cart and keep behind your front lines, since there's nothing fighty about him!
- your core units are too small. any kind of focused fire and you can easily kiss at least 1 of those skelly units good-bye! you're absolutely banking on going first here, so you can begin sumoning more troops! but if your opponent goes first, you could be very, very screwed! (and yes, at adepti-con you'll run into lots of good gunlines!)
bulk these guys upto 14/15 to start with to really cut down on the risk... also, if you're taking skellies, lose the musician (he's pratically useless since we never rally!) and get a magic banner for each unit to ensure you max-out on their static combat res... (if you're not going to take full advantage of the skellies static combat res, then just save the pts and get ghouls instead since they'll actually kill stuff!)
- never buy zombies - it's cheaper to just summon the buggers! besides, it's far too much effort to manouver zombies where you really need them... just raise them where you want them instead!
also, never give zombies a banner, it's just free VP's for your opponent since the zombies will die eventually!
- vargs are terrible in higher pts games. they're in the 'middle class' of monsters - tougher than ogres/trolls, but squishier than the big beasts like hydras, shaggoths and such... in smaller games they're ace as there are fewer 'easy' counters to them. (mainly things like war machines & magical fire)
but in 2000pts and up, the vargs go down far too quickly since there's alot more out there that will hurt them! you just can't pass enough regen saves to reliably get them to their target intact!
if you're going to go magic heavy, then spend the few extra pts and go the black coach. it's easily the best chariot in the game, and it can become ungodly heinous!
blood knights need some skill, since they suffer from the same weaknesses as both other elite heavy cav & frenzied troops! you'll need some screening units to keep them in line, as well as a vampire w/blood drinker to help keep them healthy!
anyways, i hope this helps,
Your list right now is not very strong and has really crap comp, have you added it up, each varghulf is against it the helm on the lord is a big negative the regen banner is a really big negative forbidden lore is also negative and the power dice you have drag it down further, i am sorry friend you are gonna have to re write this one for adepticon. That is my opinion.
I just did the comp for this list and it is at 192pts out of 6000, your actual comp score is .95 out of 30 pts.
Last edited by drach42; March 9th, 2010 at 17:40.
i know this isnt to do with the list but what is comp score? i only been to 1 tourny and there was no mention of this? can you send me a link to something so i can see how it works?
Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)