<2000 2250 Vampires of the (k)night - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

2250 Vampires of the (k)night

Lord - Summon Creatures of the night, Dark Acolyte, Master of the Black Arts, Helm of Commandment, Skull Staff, +1 level, nightmare

Vampire - Dread Knight, Walking Death, BSB, Drakenhof banner

Vampire - Dread Knight, Black Periapt, Dispel Scroll

Vampire - Infinite Hatred, Balefire Spike, Flayed Hauberk, Nightmare

Zombies - 20
    Zombies - 20
    Zombies - 20
    Wolves - 5
    Wolves - 5
    Wolves - 5
    Wolves - 5
    Corpse Cart - Unholy Lodestone
    Corpse Cart - Unholy Lodestone

Black Knights - 7, barding, banner (Banner of the Dead Legion)
    Fell bats - 4
    Fell bats - 3

Wraiths - 4, Banshee

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very interesting, havn't seen a list with zombies only as core as they can't really win combat at all. you might want to give dread knight to the 4th vampire as it will save you 8 pts for the same thing, what is your plan of attack with this list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

I view 8 points for Flaming Magical attacks is worth it (considering only him and the wraiths even have just plain magical).

The plan is to hang back till I can make at least 1 second death star our of a unit of Wolves, IoN and the Drakenhof banner. The Lord has 9 powerdice to spam IoN at +2 (which should mean 6 castings at a power level of 5+).

Late game I swap to Vanhel's (hopefully my Lord rolls it, in the 1/3 of games I don't I can't go as offensive) and pick off a few units while (idealy) only putting Wolves or Zombies at risk. So if I screw up I give the enemy 40-80 VPs. This may make stand off situation and huge portacted combats, but with the Helm of Commandment, Banshee screaming into combat and epic IoN this should do me well.

If I see an opening I can chuck my huge hammer unit (BK) with some 2 Vampires in it to gain some points late (I really want to go second with this army against all but the most shooty of foes).

+ Reply to Thread