2000 list, how is it? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

8 (x1)

2000 list, how is it?

It is my first VC list I make and I use whatever models I have.
    Vampire lord + master of the black arts + dark acolyte + additional magic level + lord of the dead + skull staff + helm of commandment
    Vampire + blood drinker + walking death
    Vampire + tomb blade + the flayed hauberk + battle standard
    Wight king + barded skeletal steed
    10 skeleton warriors + spears + standard bearer (my vampire lord will be here and will try to avoid close combat)
    10 skeleton warriors + spears + standard bearer
    20 skeleton warriors + spears + full command + war banner (My vampire heroes will be here)
    5 black nights + barding + standard bearer (my fast unit)
    5 cairn wraiths + tomb banshee (my skirmishers)

Total 1999 points.

How can I improve my list?

2. Remove Advertisements

Aberdare, Wales, UK
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

33 (x2)

I dont think Cairn wraiths are a good choice at this level, they work best when either the list is based around them(all ethereal) or in 1500 points where there isnt enough magic to deal with them before they hit you.

5 wraiths are 275 points! i suggest forgetting about skirmishers, drop them, finish upgrading your vamps.
    Vamp Lord: Good, beware of cannons though.
    Vamp 1: Blood drinker is a waste IMHO, Try Sword of Might, Book of Arkhan, Walking Death and Avatar of Death for Heavy Armor/Shield atleast.
    Vamp 2: I like His Equipment, give him some powers, i suggest Dark Acolyte and Lord of the Dead, for extra magic dice and skellie raising power

Now that costs 80 points leaving you with 194, drop the 20 man skellie unit to 15 and boost the other 2 to 12, and just raise them up turn 1.
    this gives you 8 extra points for 202 in total, i suggest getting your hands on a black coach, if that isnt possible add another unit of Black Knights, no Barding but with standard again, that should leave you with about 60 points, buy your Wight king a shield, Give him sword of kings and the Acursed armor so he is T6, and just try and keep him within 12" of vamp lord so you have a mounted ws7 str4 t6 mounted model that can charge through terrain and has killing blow on a 5+. Sounds good to me.

hope this is useful to you
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

+ Reply to Thread