<3000 VC 2250 8th ed. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VC 2250 8th ed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VC 2250 8th ed.

Hey guys I just joined and I thought I would post a VC list. I've been playing wood elfs for a while, but I've always like VC. I'll probably start playing them around when 8th ed. comes out so I tried to tailor this list for that. So I was just wondering what you guys think.

Lord- Mannfred von Carstein-625
    Dispel Scroll
    Skull Staff
    Barded nightmare

Hero- Wight King-235
    BSB
    Drakenhoff Banner
    Great Weapon

Core-25 skeletons-245
    Spears
    Banner
    Musician
    Champ.

Core-25 skeletons-245
    Spears
    Banner
    Musician
    Champ.

Core- 10 crypt ghouls-80

Special- 21 Grave guard-338
    Great weapons
    Royal Standard of Strigos
    Musician
    Champ.

Rare- Black Coach

Rare- 4 Blood Knights-270
    Castellan

Total- 2238

My plan is to put the BSB and mannfred in the grave guard unit and have the skeles screen my big units, and just have Mannfred raising zombies and bringing back the skeles when they die.

A couple questions, I wasn't sure if the wight king can use a great weapon and be a BSB, but army builder let me do it so i did it. Also can I use Nehek to raise back grave guard? I mean they are technically skeletons.

Last edited by RawrBearForm; June 26th, 2010 at 15:37.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regen isnt that great now considering their is a 15pts common banner that gives you magical flamming attacks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I was thinking that, however I'm mostly worried about shooting from cannons, bolt throwers, etc., because those guys can kill my grave guard quick and theres really not much i can do about it.

Also can any standard bearer take the common magic banners from the book or does it have to be a BSB.

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes they can take any common banner, dwarf cannons with flamming runes will ruin your day, also if take a wound from a flaming weapon you cant use regen for the rest of the turn/phase

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by RawrBearForm View Post
    Lord- Mannfred von Carstein-625
    Dispel Scroll
    Skull Staff
    Barded nightmare
    +++ manny's too pts-heavy in book untill you're hitting the 3k mark... you can do pretty much what manny does with just a basic, tooled-up lord choice and for alot cheaper too!
    Lv3 upgrade + forbidden lore is a must IMHO... the new lore of light has 'epic win for vampires' written all over it!
    magic items is pretty much upto what you want to get out of lord really... if you want him killy in combat, then adding on infinite hatred plus a magic weapon and some armour + ward. if you want more of a true support role, then try the fencer's blades + helm of commandment to toss about your shiny new WS10 to one of your units!!!+++

Hero- Wight King-235
    BSB
    Drakenhoff Banner
    Great Weapon
    +++ the dickenhof banner isn't worth the cost anymore... take a single flaming wound and you've lost your very expensive regen for an entire phase!!! instead, go for the cheaper blood keep banner, which can then be buffed further with some magic res for an absolutely insane 4+/2+ ward vs shooting/magic!!!+++

Core-25 skeletons-245
    Spears
    Banner
    Musician
    Champ.

Core-25 skeletons-245
    Spears
    Banner
    Musician
    Champ.
    +++ i'd add a magic banner to each unit to help buff them up a bit... we've still got some great banners, like the endless nightmare or war banner to buff our static combat res. otherwise there's the banner of hellfire for some added offensive punch (and regen killing ability), or the new lichbone banner for some basic magic res.

also, since your units have spears, i'd up their starting count to 30, then raise the other 10+ to make full advantage of the new hoard rules + spears!+++

Core- 10 crypt ghouls-80
    +++ drop 'em... 10 is utterly pointless, especially with no way to add numbers to the unit. use the points on your skellies.+++

Special- 21 Grave guard-338
    Great weapons
    Royal Standard of Strigos
    Musician
    Champ.
    +++ swap out the strigos banner for the barrows banner... re-rolls are great! but hatred only lasts 1 turn, and we aren't so good at breaking within the first round... our strategies revolve around long, grinding fights where we win by attrition since we can raise back our losses!
    the +1 to-hit from the barrows banner will serve you much better!+++

Rare- Black Coach
    +++ is full of epic win right now!!! let's hope the forthcoming pdf erratas don't nerf it...+++

Rare- 4 Blood Knights-270
    Castellan
    +++ you need at least 5 to make them worthwhile... right now, if you were to stick manny or any other character in here, they won't get a 'look out sir' roll since you need at least 5 rank & files to make use of that rule.
    also, with only 4 rank and files, any character you stick in here will get hit by missile fire through randomisation of hits!+++

Total- 2238

My plan is to put the BSB and mannfred in the grave guard unit and have the skeles screen my big units, and just have Mannfred raising zombies and bringing back the skeles when they die.

A couple questions, I wasn't sure if the wight king can use a great weapon and be a BSB, but army builder let me do it so i did it. Also can I use Nehek to raise back grave guard? I mean they are technically skeletons.
    - yes, the wight king can make use of any additional equipment even when upgraded to a BSB.
    - invocation can be cast onto ANY undead unit to regain wounds. just check out pg38 of the VC book to see how different units gain back wounds!

anyways, welcome to the VC's and i hope this helps,
    cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, these suggestions actually help me a lot. I'll defintely be making some changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bit hesitant in regards to the black coach. Magic is already random enough. Do you want to chance it sucking up all your dice? What's the best way to use it in 8th, charge it down to their end as fast as you can?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJim View Post
    Regen isnt that great now considering their is a 15pts common banner that gives you magical flamming attacks
    Your opponent has to think to bring that banner though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Regnal View Post
    I'm a bit hesitant in regards to the black coach. Magic is already random enough. Do you want to chance it sucking up all your dice? What's the best way to use it in 8th, charge it down to their end as fast as you can?
    As the rules are right now doesn't it just steal from each players magic pool? So I guess I'm asking what moving it to the other end of the battle field would do other than get it killed? Its still taking dice from bother players. The reason it is potentially much more powerful than before is because it takes from bother players pools which are possibly much larger now, and it doesn't need to be setting near a lord taking his dice. I'm guessing you could have a coach capped our on abilities in like 3 rounds max.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Painson View Post
    As the rules are right now doesn't it just steal from each players magic pool?
    The Black Coach needs to be within 6' of a caster to steal their dice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast