<3000 Siouxsie and the Banshees! 8th Ed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Siouxsie and the Banshees! 8th Ed

Vampire Lord - 590
    - LV3 Mage
    - Ghoulkin
    - Forbidden Lore (Probably Death)
    - Dread Knight
    - Summon Ghouls
    - Helm of Commandment
    - Wristbands of Black Gold
    - Staff of Damnation
    - Abyssal Terror

LORD TOTAL: 590

Wight King - 125
    - Black Axe of Krell

Wight King BSB - 225
    - The Drakenhof Banner

Necromancer - 205
    - Book of Arkhan
    - Black Periapt
    - Corpse Cart
    - - Unholy Lodestone

Vampire - 195
    - Forbidden Lore (Probably Shadows)
    - Lord of the Dead
    - Dispel Scroll
    - Nightshroud

HERO TOTAL: 750

Skeleton Warriors ( 29 ) 6/5 - 302
    - Champion
    - Musician
    - Standard Bearer
    - - War Banner
    - Spears

Crypt Ghouls 1 ( 38 ) 10/4 - 304

Crypt Ghouls 2 ( 38 ) 10/4 - 304

CORE TOTAL: 910

Cairn Wraiths 1 ( 5 ) - 275
    - Tomb Banshee

Cairn Wraiths 2 ( 5 ) - 275
    - Tomb Banshee

Black Coach - 200 (The tour bus!!!)

RARE TOTAL: 750

ARMY TOTAL: 3000

More for a bit of fun than serious play. Lord hangs around the back supporting with Helm and Magic (including Staff...up to 60 poisoned attacks? Bargain...).

Comments appreciated

OBSTACLES ARE THE THINGS YOU SEE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR EYES OFF YOUR GOAL

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Vampire Lord - 590
    - LV3 Mage
    - Ghoulkin
    - Forbidden Lore (Probably Death)
    - Dread Knight
    - Summon Ghouls
    - Helm of Commandment
    - Wristbands of Black Gold
    - Staff of Damnation
    - Abyssal Terror
    With true line of Sight you have to be REALLY careful with lords on monsters as they can never get lookout sir and can be spotted from anywhere. You can even see through forests now. Take a look at the lore of light and beasts as they are really solid for us right now for buff spells. Though lorewise that does seem to be a bit wierd. well i suppose if there was a forbidden lore vampires could take it would be light

LORD TOTAL: 590

Wight King - 125
    - Black Axe of Krell

Wight King BSB - 225
    - The Drakenhof Banner
    In my opinion this banner just isnt worth the cost anymore, as 1 flaming attack in the same phase, negates it for that phase, that and the new common banner gives everyone cheap access to flaming attacks. In addition in the new FAQ we were given unstable which does not allow regen from crumbling due to combat res.

Necromancer - 205
    - Book of Arkhan
    - Black Periapt
    - Corpse Cart
    - - Unholy Lodestone
    As this guy cant join units anymore you have to be really careful or he will get killed fast. Especially with true line of sigh and the huge buff warmachines got.

Vampire - 195
    - Forbidden Lore (Probably Shadows)
    - Lord of the Dead
    - Dispel Scroll
    - Nightshroud
    Look above at lore suggestions, my lord usually has light and i have another hero with beasts
    HERO TOTAL: 750

Skeleton Warriors ( 29 ) 6/5 - 302
    - Champion
    - Musician
    - Standard Bearer
    - - War Banner
    - Spears

Crypt Ghouls 1 ( 38 ) 10/4 - 304

Crypt Ghouls 2 ( 38 ) 10/4 - 304

CORE TOTAL: 910
    Core seems solid, im glad you have at least one skelly unit as banners are super important in the new scenarios.

Cairn Wraiths 1 ( 5 ) - 275
    - Tomb Banshee

Cairn Wraiths 2 ( 5 ) - 275
    - Tomb Banshee
    Thats alot of points in ethreal. Just be really careful if you are going to take this many as they have no saves. I hope you dont have to play against demons as they have only magical attacks :/ I do think banshees(and wraiths) are pretty fantastic in most other cases.
    Black Coach - 200 (The tour bus!!!)
    This guy is REALLY good right now, sure he might take a bunch of your dice but he will power up REALLY fast
    RARE TOTAL: 750

ARMY TOTAL: 3000

More for a bit of fun than serious play. Lord hangs around the back supporting with Helm and Magic (including Staff...up to 60 poisoned attacks? Bargain...).

Comments appreciated
    All in all fairly solid. I might think about taking the lord off the terror and using its points for a bunker unit of skellies or something. But as you said this list is more for fun, so you should play what seems the most fun. I know i have a terror and dragon jsut for that purpose as they just are not worth it except from the fun standpoint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah...I know about the Terror/Dragon being a bad idea in 8th (hence the Wristbands). Have been considering putting the lord in a small unit of GG.

As for the lores...Death is VERY good for vampires. Spend your power dice on damaging spells, get some back and invocate. With the Purple Sun, you could potentially end with more power dice than you started with!
    Shadows is more for the lowering opponents stats...though Light for boosting my own is just as good. The hero will take one of those two for sure (still undecided).

And yes, I have realised my Necromancer is illegal (2 Arcane items). Take out the periapt.

OBSTACLES ARE THE THINGS YOU SEE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR EYES OFF YOUR GOAL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive played quite a few games with death and its never returned that many dice. Maybe i just play alot of high initiative armies but ive never had purple sun return more then 2 dice(kills like 6 or 7 and roll 2 5s or 6s. Also its good to note that it only returns dice when it is cast and not on any turns after. All the other death damage spells are only single target so your chances of getting a good dice return are minimal as the most you could roll for extra dice on most characters is 3, so an average of 1 dice. This is even harder when you have the black coach eating your own dice. On average against a good army you can expect one big spell to go off a turn and thats it, maybe a nek or two as well, but dispelling is fairly easy right now. I prefer light because if i can usually get one spell off, i want it to be the aoe speed of light, this not only helps kill my enemies but really helps save my troops from combat res deaths(by getting more kills, and being harder to hit so less wounds in the first place. This and my worst two matchups lately have been daemons and undead and light is pretty solid against them.

But i encourage you to try this list with all kinds of lores. Some you may find better against certain opponents and some you may not. Note that your supposed to pick lores when you build your list and not when you know your opponent, so just playing alot with different lores will help you decide.

One thing i forgot to mention is that if you take the helm of commandment then you should think about taking the fencers blades so you can give out WS 10. It is much better as there are alot of troops with WS4 that would need 5s to hit you then. Also if you do take the helm your better off putting your lord in a bunker unit of skellies and not your grave guard, as then you can give your GG your weapon skill.

+ Reply to Thread