<3000 2250 8th Ed Successful List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 8th Ed Successful List

I've had some great success with this list. 6 wins and 0 losses. I post it now for your enjoyment and perhaps any changes you veterans see that could be made.

Vampire Lord
    The Biting Blade
    The Flayed Hauberk
    Staff of Damnation
    Wristbands of Black Gold
    Dark Acolyte
    Flying Horror
    Forbidden Lore

I've tried a couple different lores with this build. I found flying up to the enemies flank and blasting a purple sun worked well. Light was another I found handy, flying around behind my units and buffing up the GG and BKs. At this point I would say shadow has been the best working lore with this list.

Vampire
    Black Periapt
    Helm of Commandment
    Dread Knight
    Lord of the Dead

Sits behind the ghouls and GG in order to share his WS while helping support the magic phase with the periapt.

Necromancer
    Dispel Scroll
    The Gem of Blood

Throw him in with the unit of skellys.

Wight King
    Sword of Kings
    The Accursed Armor
    Skeletal Steed & Barding

This bad boy joins the unit of BKs. I find the Accursed armor quite nice in 8th as I am usually buffing my units for combat anyways. With T6 and 0+ Armor, he is tough to kill. With any luck he'll have 6 WS from the helm or some form of combat buff to help him out.

Skeleton Warriors x 29
    Full Command
    War Banner

The begginings of a horde. Sits in a row of 10 behind the GG and ghouls.

Ghouls x 18

Ghouls x 18

Grave Guard x 18
    Full Command
    Screaming banner
    Great Weapons

Black Knights x 9
    Musician
    The Banner of the Barrows
    Barding

Varghulf

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Regnal here are some things i found about my army, hope it helps

I like the idea of your lord but this is where i can see problems. A musican can allow any sqaud to do a free reform and not cost any movement. With fly only down to 10 movement, i can see you Vampire getting pinned very easily. I think once people see that trick enough, it wont be a problem.

I feel the varg is out of place in this army. I can see it helping with flanks but i have found in 8th the varg just doesnt get its points worth.

I would recommend giving your nec an extra spell so he can reinforce the skeles, ghouls and cast Vanhels. Nec's are big in 8th and i feel they are going to be very handy. Get rid of his gem, Nec's should have scrolls and thats it. There cheap Vanhel's and Invok.

I run 20-24 Graveguard so i can horde them if needed, plus gives them a few more wounds for early shooting magic.

Dont quote me on this, but i believe if you use helm of comm on character wih accursed, he still gets the -3 penality in combat because you give the Wight King a WS of 6. The the armour subtracts it so you end up with 3. Not 100% sure but i remeber seeing a huge thread on this awile back.

Hope this gives you some food for thought, Good luck!
    Good Luck and have fun!

8th Ed WOOT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieCancer View Post
    Dont quote me on this, but i believe if you use helm of comm on character wih accursed, he still gets the -3 penality in combat because you give the Wight King a WS of 6. The the armour subtracts it so you end up with 3. Not 100% sure but i remeber seeing a huge thread on this awile back.
    sorry, i quoted you. lol

i do believe that the WK will get the vamp's WS even with the armor. if the vamp wore the armor, then his WS would be reduced, otherwise the vamp's WS of 6/7 is used. it would kinda be like the aura of dark magesty, if a unit suffers the -1 and then uses the general's LD, the -1 no longer effects them (so long as the general is out side of the 6"). all and all, i was thinking a wight king with the accursed armor and the sword of kings would make a rockin' challenge accepter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Helm passes to the unit the WS of the character and any modifications he has, any mods on the unit don't matter as long as the helm is in effect.
    Vampire with Helm and Accursed armour passes his WS at -3
    Vampire with Helm and Fencers blade passes WS10
    Character with Accursed armour is at -3 WS but when commanded by the helm uses the WS of the character with the Helm.

+ Reply to Thread