<2000 First 2000 point list for local gaming store - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First 2000 point list for local gaming store

After taking a peak around some lists and threads, I kinda choose everything I liked and knitted this together, I don't have my book handy atm so not all the points are right, but from memory this is roughly 2000 points. Any comments and criticisms on the list would be appreciated!

Vampire Lord <-Flying around supporting units
    Lvl 4 Wizard, Forbidden Lore (light), Dark Acolyte, Flying Horror
    Helm of Command, Armour of Night, Wristbands of Black Gold, Fencers Blades

Vampire -> walking death to boost CR on GG unit
    Lvl 1 Wizard, Black Periapt, Avatar of Death, Walking Death, flayed Hauberk

Wight King
    BSB, Sword of Kings

40 Skeletons - Centre unit
    Full Command, Spears, War Banner

25 Ghouls
    Crypt Ghast

19 Grave Guard <- (7x3) Vampire + Wight King for + 2 CR
    GW, FC, Banner of Barrows

10 Black Knights
    FC
    Royal Banner of Strigos

***Knights and Varghulf run up the same flank, Varghulf gives march, and knights shield Varghulf from fire 1 round before reaching the enemy flanks/ warmachines

Varghulf

I've only ever played a single 500 pt game, so Im not sure what really works lol, it was a terrible game tho haha, my dreadknight vamp got creamed by a chaos champion second turn in then everything crumbled... tho funny thing was after that my 15 skeles won combat and ran the unit of 23 marauders with the champion down LOL.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty standard build, these are just some basic notes:
    Lord: I dont like flying horror very much anymore because 10 M and unless your lore is very very short range dont need. I know light, but not terribly familiar but i believe there is no reason to fly up to right up to units, think its safe lore from afar. Also Musicians make any squad reform for free so, Your flying units are going to get trapped a lot easier. Just be careful or stick him in unit.

Hero Vamp: Flayed armour gives you 2 save cant be upgraded. A vampire already comes with a hand weapon. so you literally paid 20pts for a shield, for parry save? This seems odd to me, i would think about going bloody hauberk with the the 4+ save 5+ ward, a bit more costly but can go with Avatar. 2k pts, i cant see spending 20pts for a basic vampire to sometimes gain 6+ ward to be worth it.

Core: 40 Skeletons might be a bit of an overkill at 2k pts. I have no problem with this unit but maybe with some extra pts when your army gets fixed and added up, you could make 2 squads of 30? Or even run 20-25. I just run 20 skels, they work fine for me. You do not get horde like what you are going for, but thats okay for 2kpts.
    Ghouls: You do not need 25 ghouls. 20 tops is great, that way you always get your attacks and have wounds to play around. Add 5 to skeles

Special: 10 Knights is a little much for 2k, and even 3k. This is a lot of pts invested in this 1 squad. I Love my Black knights as much as the next guy but 2k pts, you need to cut larger units like this because they will be focused down and if something bad were to happen, eek. Cut these guys to 6-8 so they can still negate ranks.

Rare: I do not like Varg, but you have lore of light that will make him a strong unit. Remember this thing with some basic help and Augments can be devestating.
    Last edited by ZombieCancer; July 27th, 2010 at 22:06.
    Good Luck and have fun!

8th Ed WOOT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh whoops i messed up, mixed meant to give the vamp infinite Hatred Instead
    Oh, well at the moment the idea of a flying lord sounds pretty good, be anywhere at anytime right? I'll give him a shot, if he fails me then I'll ground him for life.

Vampire Lord <-Flying around supporting units
    Lvl 4 Wizard, Forbidden Lore (light), Dark Acolyte, Flying Horror
    Helm of Command, Armour of Night, Wristbands of Black Gold, Fencers Blades

Vampire -> walking death to boost CR on GG unit
    Lvl 1 Wizard, Black Periapt, Walking Death, flayed Hauberk, Infinite Hatred

Wight King
    BSB, Sword of Kings + GW (do they stack?), flayed Hauberk

40 Skeletons - center unit
    Full Command, Spears, War Banner

20 Ghouls
    Crypt Ghast

19 Grave Guard <- (7x3) Vampire + Wight King for + 2 CR
    GW, FC, Banner of Barrows

6 Black Knights
    FC
    Royal Banner of Strigos

***Knights and Varghulf run up the same flank, Varghulf gives march, and knights shield Varghulf from fire 1 round before reaching the enemy flanks/ warmachines

Varghulf

Maybe I could drop some skeletons and add a Necro for Vanhel's??

+ Reply to Thread