<3000 2250 Tournament List with Bret theme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

1 (x1)

2250 Tournament List with Bret theme

Hi, first time poster, long time time reader.

I have decided to start a VC army for some tournament play. The tournaments I attend use comp tables to encourage unusual armies but just for a starter I need to have some good list that I can test and tweak.

I have a general theme based upon Brettonian army turned undead by their lord. Have started doing some conversion work on men-at-arms to make them skeletons.

My initial thought on a list is

Vampire Lord - Dread knight, Master of the black arts, lord of the dead - extra lvl -

Vampire - Avatar of death
    Wight king - BSB - Horse w/b, Sword of Kings
    Necromancer - extra spell

Skeleton Warriors - 29 - FC, spears
    Skeleton Warriors - 19 - FC, spears
    Ghouls - 18 - Crypt ghast
    Dire wolves - 5

Black Knights - 9 - FC, Banner of the Barrows
    Grave Guard - 18 - FC , Royal banner of strigois

Wraiths - 5 - Tomb banshee

2247pts if I have calculated correctly

So what do you guys think of it. My main concern is warmachines. I do not have the speed to silence them early in the game. But maybe my casters can hold the battleline fresh during my magic phase until I reach their lines.

2. Remove Advertisements

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    College Station
    0 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

Your vampire lord seems a little too caster and not enough fighty for a bretonnian based vampire. Also no wardsave could do you some trouble. Giving him the crown makes him akin to the Red Duke after he's been imprisoned.

I'd give both your lord and hero level some more punch in CC. Things like infinite hatred and red fury. Walking death is a good one too, even though its not completely attributed to killing things. Flayed hauberk on the foot vampire allows for both infinite hatred and walking death, a great killy hero to boost up the combat res on your skellies.

I do like the wight king, its one of my favorite builds. But do you plan on putting your vampire lord with the black knights? If so I'd give them all barding as otherwise your wasting some movement.

On that note, Blood Knights scream bretonnians to me much more than wraiths do, but thats just me. And gives your lord a unit to ride around with.

I like the theme, but I think the list could use much work. I played a blood dragon themed list in 7th edition, I did have lots of problems with skirmishers and such but its a very fun list to play. Although it was very hit or miss, either massacred in tournaments or got massacred or close to it.

Vampire Lord
    Dreadlance, Crown of the Damned
    Dread Knight, Red Fury, Beguile
    Extra Magic Level

Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead
    Nightshroud, sword of battle, black periapt

Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead
    Flayed Hauberk, Sword of Might, Talisman of Lycni

Dread Knight, Infinite Hatred
    Book of Arkhan, enchanted shield

Skeletons x19
    Champion, Standard, Warbanner

Skeletons x20

Zombies x20

Dire Wolves x5

Dire Wolves x5

Grave Guard x20
    GW's, Senschal, Standard, Royal Standard of Strigos

Blood Knights x5
    Standard, Flag of the Blood Keep
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

+ Reply to Thread