<1000 new edition new army 1000pts casie list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

new edition new army 1000pts caster list

Lord
    Vampire Lord
    Forbiden Lore (vampires)
    24%

Hero's
    Vamire count
    Forbiden Lore (death/shadow)
    Arabyan Carpet

Necro (IoN)
    24%

20 Skele - FC
    20 ghouls
    Corpse cart
    41.5%
    9 GG

total 997

the core was chosen becuase when i do start my army i kknow im buying the battalion to save a few pounds im not gonna use the zombs from the bat in ym list after readin several threads on here and dakka dakka i've decied to egt qanother box or two of them for raising purpose's the VL + Necro to keep my lines up and moveing the VC to just flash forward and Bomb the enemy lines

i have considered dropping the carpet andmaking him also vamps loremaser or trying to beef him up for CC

any thoughts and tips to help me make this better

Remember im starting fromt he bat + 1 hero

Last edited by draghkar; September 25th, 2010 at 15:59.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I would never take a lord in 1k, he has to have more powers/items to be worth it, also multiple characters don't generate extra power dice anymore, u rlly don't need 3 casters in 1k. Ur vampires have no armour, they rlly need protection. Some skeletons, some ghouls and a handfull of grave guards won't cut it, I think u need to make the GG unit bigger and add atleast 1 more rare or special unit. (btw I'm not a big fan of the corpse cart), good luck

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

ok how about this

Vamp count
    Dark Acolyte

20 skele FC Spears x2 400
    20 ghouls x 2 320
    10 GG FC 150

thats 1k exactly (and i can still raise zombies if needed if i get the spells) although this seems week to me drop a unit of skelle for a necro and the power to beef up ghouls maybe a few more GG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh I'd drop some skeletons for extra graveguards, you could give the vamp helm of commandment if he's not going into combat, also I think forbidden lore is better than dark acolyte in 8th, good luck

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

ok new concept now i haev my book

Vampirelord, Forbiden lore(Vamp/Shadow), Lord of dead/Summon Ghouls
    25%
    Necromancer, IoN or Raise Dead
    Necromancer, IoN
    11%
    20 Skeles, FC
    30 Crypt Ghouls
    Corpse Cart, Unholy Load Stone
    52%
    10 GG
    12%

I know people dont like lords @ 1k but even though hes basicly naked his job is to sit behind a unit in range for LoS, But not to be in a unit so as to avoid pesky combat allocations. As to the lords Lore choice its either Vamps or shadows, If i take vamps as listed then the two Ion necro are fine for spaming if i take shadow then i'll swap a necro to raise dead for roadblock tarpits. the vamparic powr i to bost a unit o that it can just keep on going im thinking Lord of dead as the ghouls will start life as a horde anyway.

Ok more details about why the Two lores im thinking
    Vamps:- better raising of roadblocks and tarpits better healing to units and even the odd FREE spirit host
    Shadow:- some great spells OMR is especially great in combo with the CC 2d6 A @ S7 and S7 Thunderstomp thats not to be underestimated oh and getting ASF on all my units within 6" (i know if my oponent doesnt dispell them and IF i get the power dice)
    Either lore is great but i'll need ot consider all the angles a little more be i set it in stone.

The CC will take the loadstone to give +1 wounds back from IoN and as its going center field my units should be right with in range.

The GG their job is basicly to attract enemy fire away from my ghouls as their KB Should scare most oponents into not ignoring them.

The CC can be swaped for a bare wightking with BSB to reduce SCR killing 1 model per unit per turn for the same valuebut then i loose the chance @ AsF unless ofc my vamp goes vams for Van's danse

as always thanks in advance for the help

+ Reply to Thread