<2000 2500 Cheese? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2500 Cheese?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 Cheese?

Count Mannfred = 475

Wight King w/ bsb, drakenhof banner = 225

Konrad Von Carstein = 145

Vampire w/ helm of commandment, master of the black arts = 180

30 Crypt Ghouls w/ ghast = 248

50 Grave Guard w/ full command, great weapons, banner of the barrows = 725

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

if your going for cheese try and squeeze anotehr 135points out of some stuff as ount Mannfredd can take TWO acrane items and that lets you take both +1 to cast/dispell ones Book from BRB and Staff from vamps book thats a +6 dispell and +6 Vampire AND or Death as he knows all the spells from both lores and can cast from either one and or both int he same turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but i didnt know if I could take arcane items from the main rulebook because in his entry it says two arcane items but in the front of the book it says he can take arcane items from the artefacts of death.
    Last edited by Mr_Cook; November 10th, 2010 at 02:24.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

all the common magic items count as they are avalible to every army in the game (except stumpies) and i think it might be int he erreta to do with him as i know there is some stuff in there to do with at least one of his variants.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Although you have had to swap out Drakenhof Banner to make room for some magic items on manfred, i would somehow try to swap it back. having regen on my grave guard i have found is alot better than the 4+ ward from shooting. Sure there are more ranged flaming attacks but in combat it is unlikely except maybe for bloodthirsters or breath weapons in combat that will stop regen.

Also do you realy want manfred? your not benifting from all his abilities at being able to raise skeletons, wolves and bats above thier starting size and gets another +1 when raising into these units.
    Secondly he has no ward save, and although 5 wounds seems like your playing safe, killing blow will see him off and most of your army within the next few turns through crumbling. He cant fly out of range,so he will probably be sat in a unit, probably your grave guard, so every dirty trick and spell will be thrown at it.
    Thirdly are you sure the effects of skull staff and book of ashur are cumulative? they both say you get +1 to casting rolls (ignoring +1dispel from staff), arguably they cancel each other out for a total of +1 unless its been errated somewhere. in which case your better off without the book.

In my opinion, you are better off experimenting with builds for a normal Vampire Lord. This will save you points and enable you to make a more flexible list. If however you want a Manfred list, then you have the oppertunity to swap out some ghouls for skeletons (which with banner and musician are more tactical in 8th edition than ghouls anyway,) which you can take smaller units of, say 25-20 strong as you know manfred can raise them above thier starting unit size.

Konrad aswell, a combat monster but really limits your army options due to his stupidity meaning he will have to sit near manfred. with your vampires sat centred of your force your army will be bunched together as to march you must be within 12" of the general or 6" of another vampire. Dropping konrad for a basic vampire, even one with avatar and acolyte/infinte hatred means you have another spell caster, but also someone you can place in a unit at the flank or your army to keep them moving at pace and in range of spells, giving width to your battle line. You may even want to fit in Ghoul Kin to this or another vampire to allow him to move your army forward before the first turn.

Hope this helps a little.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

normally no they wouldnt be as Normally you can only have one arcane item but as he can have TWO! and 1+1 = 2 the 2x+1 = +2

the only reason people might argue against this combo is inthe BRB it states you can never have two of the same type as they would negate each other but army book over rules BRB.

so Yes they are cumlative (a loophole due to armybook and neither tem being intended to be used this way) giving him a +6 to cast thanks to items and level and a +6 to dispell again thanks to level and items

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try taking lore of metal to protect your GG
    and scrap mannfred

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

i agree, scrap manny - he's not nearly as competitive as he was in 7th... besides, to really take advantage of the 'new' standard for VC cheese, you'll simply want to combine the new lore of light with lore of bests. the unit & character buffs in those 2 lores will have your opponent's crying foul once they see how dirty those combos really are!
    plus, with a generic vamp lord, you can take advantage of say helm of commandment + fencer's blades for WS10!!!O.O and then imagine a wight king with the other trickster's pendent & helm of discord under the influance of savage beast of horros? (ie: 6 attacks at S6 with KB and your opponent has to re-roll successful ward saves, AND take a Ld test to attack the kind due to the helm!)

plus, to really max-out a ghoul unit's potential for poison hits, you'd want to hit them with speed of light and either vanhel's or timewarp for the ASF bonus... god forbid you manage to put speed & timewarp onto your grave guard! (at that point, most units in the game simple turn into a fine red paste!)

overall, our own vamp lore sucks when you look into the added bonus' that you can achieve combining two or three of the new book lores with just the basic three necro spells...

cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uuuh scrap the lore of beasts
    beasts is even worse then heaven
    it got 1 good spell rest is totaly CRAP
    vamp lore SUCKS to cus you already get 6 spells and it waste for the rest
    make it light with shadow/death/metal
    your choice
    and i meant scrap konrad...........
    mannfred owns HARDCORE
    Last edited by Lokyar; November 7th, 2010 at 19:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you hate konrad so much, he's only 145 points for.....
    6 initiative (so striking before lots of things)
    5 attcks reroll misses every round of combat
    5 strength
    Gets an attck for every attack that previously hit and wound
    To top that off for every wound he does if turns into 2
    Sure he might be a little weak with only heavy armor and toughness 4 but he is cheap for what he could do

My game plan is to cast purple sun every turn with mannfred, and i dont worry about enemy characters that much because of all the death spells that are good at getting rid of them. And no army can deal with a vampire count list that can generate 11 dice easy with a caster that has +6 to cast and despell. And there might be one game where mannfred dies to a cannonball or stone thrower but hey thats the story of vampire counts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast