<1000 1000pt army list - Vampire Counts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Punching Gnoblars's Avatar
    The warp somewhere, took a left at Comorragh and got a little bit lost...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt army list - Vampire Counts

Hi all, this is one of first VC lists just wondering how bad it is, all advice and comments appreciated.

Vampire(24/25 points to give him upgrades)
    124/125pts

Necromancer
    Corpse Cart
    *1 spell
    130pts

20 Zombies
    standard
    88pts

20 skeletons
    standard
    spears
    168pts

5 Dire wolves
    40pts

15 Grave guard
    FC
    210pts

3 Fell bats
    60pts

Vangulf
    175pts

What upgrades should i give my vampire? Should i scrap the fast units/flank attack (wolves,bats led by vangulf) in exchange for more models?

Basicly the army is divided into 2 sections the fast/flank siade and bulk side, the bulk side(zombis,skeletons,grave guard, corpse cart and vampire) faces the enemy whilst the speedy side(wolves,bats led by vangulf) take out warmachines and flank attack.

Once again all advice and comments appreciated,cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Ok a couple things.
    Firstly giving your necro a Corpse cart takes you above the 250 Max allowance for hero's.
    Secondly while direwolves are great models they dont seem to work so well at these lower points drop them, the zombies and the fell bats as the bats wont do anything in such a small unit.
    either increase the skeletons inot a small horde 30 strong or take a second unit of them or maybe even some ghouls this will sort your core. you also forgot to pay for your spears

For your Heros
    Necro is easy mode Naked with IoN or splaash out a little go IoN RD + Sceptre De Ne Rot and use him to bring D3+9 zombies into play followed by D6+4 to the new unit every cast of IoN
    Vampire this depends if you want a magic based army Forbiden Lore and a cheap pice of magic armour, if you want him to be Combat take Avatar of Death HW+S or ADHW my preferance for combat is Walking Death Infhatred + a cheap magic weapon and cheap magic armour

Vampire count
    Bitting blade
    The Flayed Hauberk
    Infinitie hatred / walking death
    Necro
    IoN
    RD
    Sceptre De Noirot
    Heros cost 250

20 Skeleton Warriors
    FC
    Banner of Hellfire (magical flaming attacks helps loads for building combat think watchtower)
    19 Skeleton Warriors
    Standard
    Musician
    Spears
    Corpse Cart
    Loadstone if you like +1 on IoN making your zombie combo D3+9RD and D6+5 extra
    Or Bale fire if oyu would ratherr a -1 to enemy casting 24" bubble
    Core is 373 (473)

20 Grave Guard (becuase they come in boxes of 10)
    i prefer HW+S for survivability as extra loss's count to CR
    FC

Total army cost 993

this would give you more flexibility and you could raise massive blocks of zombies a nice tactic with raiseing zombies is to raise them in a single rank in one of my more recent games playing on a 4x4 table i raise a single unit over two turn givign everything in my army hard cover from shooting and blocking my enemies TLoS

these where the scores for magic
    i had turn 1 Wind where 4,5 i channeld 1 out of 2 he was a dwarf so had +1 anyway for his smith so we had 10 PD to 6 DD
    i cast RD on 3 he failed to dis it also on 3 dice i got 11 zombies i then ran IoN on 1 PD a cast he stoped it twice the rest go through with an average (i was runnign loadstone btw) of 8 zombies per IoN that got through gave me a unti of something like 50ish zombies in a single rank accross the board and that was just turn one

hope that all helps

Senior Member Punching Gnoblars's Avatar
    The warp somewhere, took a left at Comorragh and got a little bit lost...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, great advice much appreciated. I now understand my list is....well to put it bluntly it's crap.

Would my list be any good if it was in 7th edition? As most of my friends don't have the 8th ed rulebook were going to play 7th ed until we all know the 8th ed rules, and comfortable with playing it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

i skipped 7th ed due to where i was living being unable to get games im learning the rules to 8th as i play

ok based on army selection for 7th its legal and thats most of what i can say as i didnt play in 7th.

one side note though i do remember being told fear was murder in 7th if you outnumbered your oponent as such i'd still raise zombies rather than pay for them throw on more skeles to get that ON bonus

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by draghkar View Post
    Vampire this depends if you want a magic based army Forbiden Lore and a cheap pice of magic armour, if you want him to be Combat take Avatar of Death HW+S or ADHW my preferance for combat is Walking Death Infhatred + a cheap magic weapon and cheap magic armour

Vampire count
    Bitting blade
    The Flayed Hauberk
    Infinitie hatred / walking death
    i've also had alot of success with the following for a combat set-up;
    Vampire w/Red Fury, Flayed Hauberk, Sword of Battle.
    a few more pts, (so the Raising necro w/scepter would have to drop some pts), but this hero can go absolute ape-shit crazy and give you a potential 8 kills per round of combat!!! (i've had her slice & dice 7 dark elf executioners in a single round)

perhaps another combo to try out for fun?!

Quote Originally Posted by draghkar View Post
    20 Skeleton Warriors
    FC
    Banner of Hellfire (magical flaming attacks helps loads for building combat think watchtower)
    19 Skeleton Warriors
    Standard
    Musician
    Spears
    i think that if you're going the skellie route, you should just run them as a hoard unit w/spears personally... the way fear now works, skellies are hugely over-pointed for what you're getting, considering they need character support and/or magical buffs to make them even decently fighty...

might want to try a unit or two ghouls if you're not going for any hoard style units (ie: 10-models wide)
    on the whole, the ghouls will hold up better than skellies and they get more attacks + poison so they will kill stuff.

while you guys continue playing with 7th ed rules untill everyone's caught-up on 8th, you'll find that your fear is game-winning! just don't get stuck into relying on it since fear won't auto-break in 8th edition...
    you'll also find that the rulebook magic lores in 8th will outshine anything our own vampire lore can do! (just watch-out for a flying mage who tries to cast purple sun down your flank... that will pretty much end the game right there.)

just some extra food for thought!
    cheers!

+ Reply to Thread