<1000 3 Lists all 1000 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Lists all 1000 points

hello everyone, i've made three different lists with all different types of play styles, i dont know which one i wanna try for a local tournament that i am attending, theres a WoC, High elves and Empire army from what i know of, and i am quite sure my friend is doing lizardmen but i could be wrong. please post your advice, all help would be greatly appreciated

List 1

Vampire
    Ghoulkin
    Summon ghouls
    Walach's Bloody Hauberk
    Biting Blade

Necromancer
    1 extra spell

23 Crypt Ghouls (vampire goes here)

24 Crypt Ghouls
    Crypt Ghast

5 Fell bats

Varghulf

10 Direwolfs (two groups of 5)

Total: 999

point of this list is to move quickly pretty much, ghoulkin on the vampire will give my ghouls a movement at deployment, while everything else can catch up pretty easily, and i am hoping to get the extra movement spell in the vamp lore.

List 2

Vampire
    Sword of Battle
    Spectral Form

Necromancer
    dispell scroll

20 Skeletons
    FC
    Standard of Everlasting night

20 Crypt Ghouls
    Crypt Ghast

3 Spirit Host

4 Cairn wraiths

3 Fell Bats

Total: 1003

now, i dont know how affective this army would be, but i tryed to make it ethereal and try to keep there magic at bay and hope they dont got alot of magic attacks

List 3

Vampire
    Dread Knight
    Rod of Flaming Death

Necromancer
    Dispell scroll

20 Zombie

20 Zombie

5 dire wolfs

5 dire wolfs

5 black knights

5 black knights

5 blood knights

total: 1000

well, another fast paced army, zombies are just there for core fillers. meant to be fast paced again but dont know how well this will do... but thats why i am posting it haha

Those are the three lists, all help would be awesome, yes i do have a normal VC list, but i wanted to try something different and see how it worked, thanks for all the help guys/girls

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless I did my math wrong, point values are all messed up. You've got an extra 30 point to play with on the first list, and the second list is over by 63 points. You're third list is correct as far as points are concerned, but you don't have enough points in your core. Dire Wolves do not count towards the core requirement, and thus you are 90 points short. Even if they did count you'd still be 10 under, so I don't know what you were thinking.....

As per advice (aside from fixing the legality of the lists), I'd go with the ethereal list, after its tweaked of coarse. I don't have much experience in lower point value games, but I would think you'd be less likely to find very heavy magic, or lots of magic attacks... making the ethereal a great concept to capitalize on. I llike the wraiths, but I'm not a fan of ethereal vampires. I just think the power is too expensive. So dropping that would be a great start to lose the 60+ points you'll have to lose. As per hoping for danse, just choose danse with the necro and you should be fine. Go with the book of arkhan if you really want to, but adding points is the last thing you need to do with that list. To thin things out, I'd also consider dropping the magic standard on the skeleton unit, and the magic weapon on the vampire. I don't like spirit hosts, so I would say drop them too, but that would defeat the concept of an ethereal army.

What you should do, however, is find the points to give the vampire the helm of commandment. Undead units (vampires excluded) have horrible weapon skill. And when it comes to ethereal you really need to strike home. Sure, they can't hurt you... but if you don't kill enough you'll still poof pretty fast. And since you're ethereal, only one wound per casting of ION. Take the helm and make sure your attacks connect.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

actually if thers a WoC army and you kow your going agaisnt them ethereal might be a bad plan as the proper warriors of chaos have enscrolled weapons Magic attacks and so the chaos knights, Also Dwavres Runed up cannons and Bolt throwers and stone throwers = lost of magic artillery, BRB magic Flaming attacks banner.

Hell in my 1k vampire list i have 2 characters both with magic weapons a vamp and WK and 2 units with magic flaming attacks each unit is 20 strong btw.

just pointing out you would be supprised just how many magic attacks can be achived.

the other problem with ethereal as Finchht09 pointed out the heals from IoN are one wound per cast of IoN which is bad you'd spend all your power dice just trying to keep the army alive.

the first list looks ok at first glance but the felbats just wont do anything in my experiance so far maybe drop them and ad something a litttle heavier or do you plan to run them with the varg as back up in which case they should be playable. maybe give the necro on list on Sceptre De Nirot for D3+9 zombie raise dead you'd be supprised just how good a zombie tarpit can be i raised one about 30 strong in a single magic phase (i had 1st turn so need to heal) and it held up a unit of WoC (proper ones not maruders) for 3 turns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In 1K I find it better to take a balanced Vampire and keep your army tight so they can march (12" bubble around vampire). I massacred a High Elves army last night at 1K using a Vampire with Avatar of Death (GW), Dark Acolyte, Flayed Hauberk, and the Dawnstone. He's pretty solid, killed a High Elf prince on a Great Eagle in a challenge but his unit also had the Royal Standard of Strigos, giving him hatred. After that I just took a unit of Ghouls and a Grave Guard unit with shields. Last I took the MVP of the game, the Black Coach. This thing is stupid at 1k, once it ate 5 dice he couldn't stop it from steamrolling his entire army. Besides curbing the amount of magic, it has a 3+ armour save, a 4+ ward, Impact hits that strike before the High Elves even, and it will get Hatred, Killing Blow, MR3, Ethereal, and Flying probably by turn 2. After last night I don't think its even fair to take the Black Coach at 1K haha but hey if its a tournament & you wanna win.....

+ Reply to Thread