<3000 2200 VC list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2200 VC list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

2200 VC list

Any comments on the following list.

VC Lord - LVL 3 - fencers blades - charmed shield - dispel scroll - helm of commandment - master of the black arts - Forbidden lore (Death)
    Necromancer - feedback scroll - invocation - dance
    Wight King - BSB - drakenhoff banner - shield
    25 skeletons - FC - banner of the eternal flame
    23 skeletons - FC
    14 ghouls - ghast
    30 Grave guard - FC - banner of the barrows
    4 wraiths
    black coach

The BSB joins the grave guard and the vampire and necro sit in the smaller unit of skeletons behind it. The vampire should not get into combat. I gave him death to snipe wizards first then other characters or warmachines.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x1)

I am not a master list builder but there's one thing I have to ask you about the magic items... Wich one do you intend to use of fencers blades & charmed shield? the fencers blades is a paired weapon (uses two hands) wich means you cannot use them in the same combat as you use the charmed shield... just so you know ^^ (unless you have already thought of that ^^ )
    Otherwise it seems to me like a solid list

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvester View Post
    Any comments on the following list.

VC Lord - LVL 3 - fencers blades - charmed shield - dispel scroll - helm of commandment - master of the black arts - Forbidden lore (Death)
    +++ as pointed out above, you can't use the shield w/fencer's blades. besides, you want a ward save on your general - i'd trade the scroll & shield for the talisman of endurence...
    death seems like a lackluster choice for support wizards... you're not likely to get one the character sniper spells off more than once at best before combat, due to your lord hiding behind the main line & the short range of those spells.
    why not try shadows or light magic for the buffs they provide? you'd get mindrazor + lots of solid hexes with shadows, while light nets you a good hex + two of the game's best buffs! (speed of light + timewarp).+++

Necromancer - feedback scroll - invocation - dance
    +++ if you want that dispel scroll, i'd stick it on this guy. otherwise he's a good, cheap caster who can be counted on to throw those 1 dice invos to heal units back upto strength! if he fails, no biggie - just make sure you don't try this if you really need vanhel's for ensuing combat phase!+++

Wight King - BSB - drakenhoff banner - shield
    +++dickenhoff banner seems so lackluster now... there's just so many more flaming attack out there that it kina become a point sink.
    i've found that the blood keep banner combined with a character carrying the obsidian loadstone will see your unit through almost anything, short of an entire gunline hitting you! (and even then, you'll still likely have enough left to start invo'ing the unit back!)
    a 4+/2+ vs missiles/magic can't be taken lightly. plus, the pts you save are almost another necro...+++

25 skeletons - FC - banner of the eternal flame
    23 skeletons - FC
    14 ghouls - ghast
    +++ none of these units are big enought to survive... the loss of fear + taking more hits and then throw unstable on top of it, means that we lose our core troops in droves now!
    sword & board skellies should probably be at least 30 strong at 2k, 35 to be safe. ghouls are the same since they're naked, plus they are the unit that's going to seek combat - especially against higher toughness opponents where their poison makes them a decent threat.

also, why the banner of eternal flame? for the same pts, you could have the hellfire banner which also adds magical attacks on top of the flaming! sure there's not that many ethereals/forest spirits and such out there, but having the magical property just means you're ready for pretty much anything!+++

30 Grave guard - FC - banner of the barrows
    +++ always a solid unit! sword & board means they'll need character support and/or some magical buffs to help get through tougher and/or more heavily armoured opponents. (killing blow only gets you so far). this is where lores light shadows or light really shine since you can either nerf your opponent's stats with shadows, or else buff your guys with WS10/I10 & ASF with light!
    i'd run them in hoard formation as well to get all 30 of 'em striking as well!+++

4 wraiths

black coach
    +++ i'd drop the wraiths to bulk out the rest of your core units and perahps add another necro or wight king... 2k - 2.5k is difficult for VC's because we have little wiggle room for alot of our better units. we tend to over-spend on our core to make up for their shity stats and fear nerf, plus our characters tend to chew-up pts too! then we still need a hammer unit to inflict damage!

overall, i'd say the coach is the top choice. sure wraiths are alot of fun, but they tend to be a big gamble. either you come up against an army that can't handel them and they slaughter stuff, or else they get magic bombed within a turn or two and you're down a good chunk of pts early on...
    the coach on the other hand can be relied upon to screw with magic, gain utterly insane abilities and generally cause havoc to anything short of 12+ runed dwarven warmachines!+++

The BSB joins the grave guard and the vampire and necro sit in the smaller unit of skeletons behind it. The vampire should not get into combat. I gave him death to snipe wizards first then other characters or warmachines.
    see, death magic just doesn't have the range to snipe effectively when you're hiding behind the main lines... purple sun is a hienous risk since your general has no ward save!!!
    a purple sun vamp, (if that's what you're aiming for), is best put on a hellsteed or given flying horror, and then given the wristbands + spell shield. at this point, you're basically sacrificing the vamp, but they have the resilience to survive incoming fire for a good while! (it's more likely they'll pop to miscasts...)

anyways, hope this helps,
    cheers!

+ Reply to Thread