<3000 2400pts Vamp Army Competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2400pts Vamp Army Competitive

Hey

Just thought i'd post up my list that i'm going to be testing, it's with some general "comping" in mind so no double rare, no unit above 40 models and 400 points that sort of thing. I'm trying to build an army that can interact with everything and hopefully grind wins out, so i've tried to think of most scenarios.

Anyway here's the list:

Master Necro Lv4, Black Periapt, master of death - 275
    Necromancer Lv1, Scroll - 90
    Necromancer Lv1, Rod of flaming death - 105
    Necromancer Lv1
    Cairn Wraith
    Cairn Wraith

40 Zombies, m - 125
    40 Zombies, m - 125
    40 Zombies, m - 125
    33 Skeletons, fc - 195
    5 Dire Wolves

2 Fellbats
    2 Fellbats
    1 Spirit host
    8 Crypt Horrors
    3 Varghiests
    10 Black Knights, fc, Banner of the Barrows, barding+lances - 340

1 Mortis Engine, Blasphemous Tome - 240

The list is open to change for sure as still in testing.

Any advice or changes??

Thanks in advance

Last edited by urbandarkblade; January 24th, 2012 at 20:40.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try putting 20 skeletons that have full command and spears (130 points) against those 125 point zombies and see who wins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decinator25 View Post
    Try putting 20 skeletons that have full command and spears (130 points) against those 125 point zombies and see who wins.
    Ok and how long do you think that combat will take??............. pretty long right, with us both raising back!

That's the whole point to keep a unit pinned while my better units aim for flanks and decimate. This army is basically a massive grind, though i am thinking of adding another cheap wizard with another lore to fill my point's out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20 skeletons will last longer and kill more through the additional rank spears give. We'll put it like this first round of combat 17 zombies died and no skeletons. You may argue that you can raise zombies but you can also raise skeletons. If skeletons did that well in combat against zombies i fear what other armies can do. Besides you can raise zombies worth zero vps. Try your list against a friend, have him use the same list and trade the zombies for skeletons. Hows that to end the arguement?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decinator25 View Post
    20 skeletons will last longer and kill more through the additional rank spears give. We'll put it like this first round of combat 17 zombies died and no skeletons. You may argue that you can raise zombies but you can also raise skeletons. If skeletons did that well in combat against zombies i fear what other armies can do. Besides you can raise zombies worth zero vps. Try your list against a friend, have him use the same list and trade the zombies for skeletons. Hows that to end the arguement?
    I think there is a massive assumption on your part that you would kill 17 zombies from 20 skeletons!!! my guys are ranked 5 wide so how are you killing 17????
    so your hitting on 3's and wounding on 4's with 16 attacks, averages say you hit with 10-11 then wound with 5-6 i hit back with 10 attacks hitting with 5 wounding 2-3 times and at worst i get 1 wound through.

Combat res - YOU 10(i'm even giving you the charge) ME 4 so worse case scenario i lose another 6 guys. So infact going on averages i lose 12 guys to skeletons with spears. I'm still there and that's the point i'm trying to put across, that even if i lose the whole unit it's only 125pts and whatever unit then gets flanked.

I think you based your "argument" on a horde fight off and that's not what this army is about. Without asking how i would play them or deploy them and coming straight out by saying "look my 20 man unit beats yours" doesn't really help anyone.

why not explain why you think Skeletons over Zombies? or point out what you thought was a good idea or which parts of the list you would change? or give an example of a list or units you've used before??

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Lol.

I have to agree that the pros and cons of skeletons vs zombies is about even. But i certainly wouldnt bother with spears on them anyway unless i was doing an all wight list and already had 1 or 2 solid tar pit units, for skeletons that means Sword and Board. Spears are for killing, and skeletons are poor in that role. Back when you could use Helm of command so they hit more often, or unless you are buffing them with an augment spell to thier strength/ws, skeletons should keep handweapons and shields.

First thing i would change to the list is to upgrade one of the necromancers to master of death so that if you need to, you have the option of boosting the size of that skeleton unit. If you zombies do thier job but pop anyway, you will want to bump the skeletons up above 40.

The only thing i can think you would realy benifit from is a corps cart. Just sit it in the middle of your units and cast invo to get ASF on all nearby units, will be great for your Crypt Horrors who have Int 2. You could buy it one of the upgrades, either bale fire for -1 to enemy casting in 24", or load stone to reroll 1 d6 per unit in range of invo to see how many you can raise back. They are a bit expensive though so i would consider going basic on this.

No vampire for combat situations, but its not hero hammer anymore so shouldnt be too bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see what you mean with the close combat vamp. I'll test the wraiths and the vargheists and if they end up being poo then i'll sub in a vamp or two. I really like the idea of raising the skeles up so i've changed the list slightly and managed to fit in another necro.

+ Reply to Thread