<3000 3000 Points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3000 Points

31 3 2012 006.jpg1 Cairn Wraith, 6*
    1 Cairn Wraith, 6*
    1 Cairn Wraith, 6*
    1 Cairn Wraith, 6*
    1 Tomb Banshee, 9*
    56 Skeleton Warriors, 3**
    1 Skeleton Champion (Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armour; Shield)
    1 Screaming Banner
    39 Crypt Ghouls, 4**
    1 Crypt Ghast
    1 Mortis Engine, 2** (Blasphemous Tome)
    1 Banshee Swarm (Ghostly Howl)
    1 CorpseMaster (Regenerate; Undead)
    1 Spirit Horde
    5 Hexwraiths, 1**
    Skeletal Steed (Spectral Steeds; Undead)
    5 Hexwraiths, 1**
    5 Hexwraiths, 1**
    1 Heinrich Kemmler, 3** General; Master of the Dead; Loremaster

Krell Lord of Undeath 2** pts

1 Master Necromancer, 3** pts (Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Undead)
    1 Corpse Cart (Chariot; Regenerate; Undead)
    1 Restless Dead (Random Attacks; Regenerate; Undead)
    1 The Cursed Book
    1 Talisman of Preservation
    3 Vargheists, 1** pts (Beserk Rage; Vampiric; Flyer; Frenzy; Stomp; Undead)
    1 Konrad von Carstein, 1** pts (One Bat Short of a Belfry; The Hunger; Vampiric; Hatred; Undead)
    1 Red Fury
    1 Sword of Waldenhof
    Total Roster Cost: 2998

So I played this list VS. Ogres the game was going ok. I had the lore of death to thank for a good early start. My flank move was totally blown away by yetis. My Vargheist blew the charge 2 times and left 2 groups of hex wraiths open to the yetis. I ran Kemmler and Krell in the big bunker with the wraiths... trying for that unhittable wall. The ogres had two characters in his bunker both with magic weapons. Krell killed his challenge - but the other Ogre was able to target Kemmler and take him out. The Necro took over with little loss. The Ghouls were charged by left over heavy cav and the really big new ogre war mount. They killed the rider on the war mount but on the reaction table he got frenzy and hatred. The rest of the game went to the ogres I didn’t really have anything left to compete. He shot Konrad with a direct dmg spell early on as well.

I'm still getting my head around this new book I think... or at least hope. I keep bringing Krell since the model looks so good. Going to have to stop doing that.
    I also wanted to bring lots of ethereal just to try that out. I don’t think it works. It’s not hard to have a few weapons on hand and they don’t seem to do the damage, and if something can hit them they drop fast. That said I like the hex wraiths and have seen them do some great dmg. Also they work great to keep your opponent thinking.

Enjoy... And thanks to everyone who posts, makes my games better!

Last edited by Trails007; April 1st, 2012 at 19:37.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few people these days like to run as many banshees as they can along with a terrorgheist and just scream spam, you can try that, it might be fun.

On a side note, I just picked up a box of vargheists, how did you like them? Did you find that 3 was enough to make them usefull? or would you run them as 6 or 8 given the resources?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the new scream on the terrorghiest and banshees works great if you have the spell from the lore of death that drops ld make sure you use that. You can also add vamp power to lower ld if your really goi g to do this. Vargheists are really cool models I've only ran 3 with no upgrade. So far they are only doing about there points value but that could just be poor placement on my part. Still Learning this new book.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you ran vargheists, do you find opponents are scared of them and change their game accordingly?

I want to try running them in a horde lol I think it would be fun getting 3 ranks of attacks, maybe putting a vamp lord with an abyssal terror with them, following them around with 2 mortis engines to give them a 5+ regen save. Probably not a very competetive list, but I think it would be a site on the table top. Maybe 17 vargheits + vampire lord.... would be pretty terrifying lol (and expensive)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a new player to fantasy and on my 1500 points army I run a unit of 6 Vargheists with 2 Varghulf and have work great so far. On both battles I have stack them on one of my flanks wining vs. WoC and another VC armies.

The other VC player ran a unit of 3 with a vampire lord within the unit and I manage to hold them for 2 rounds with a unit of skeletons. That gives me enough to flack my other unit of skeletons and finish them off. If he would had a unit of 6 then I would have gotten overrun they hit hard but didn’t manage. Then again the result would have been different fighting another race.

For the WoC I manage to hit on the flank overrunning 2 of his core units. I had a bit of problems vs. his dead star but manage to take it down not before losing some heavy losses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might not work to great. Plus you lose the frenzy bonus +1 attack for each model in the second rank. Someone else posted they felt varghiest would be best played small group of three with no upgrade. Fast
    moving character that will force your opponent to deal with this.

Not sure if this helps. Your set up in a 3k game would be fun. Just don't share that list with your opponent I think most armies could set up to block that list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I doubt it would be a great list, but common, no other race can field a horde of flying monstrous infantry lol Sure they dont get all their attacks but they will still hit like trucks.

+ Reply to Thread