<3000 2800 VC OFCC List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2800 VC OFCC List

So a friend asked me to go to OFCC this year with his team and I could borrow his stuff so I finally got around to busting out the VC's new book and looking around and hammering out some list ideas with the new rules and I would like to throw the list out there so I can get some feedback because I don't really have too much of an idea what I am doing yet. So here is what I have so far:

Lords - 575

375 - Ghoul Kings, Red Fury, Dragon Bane Gem, Sword of Blood, and The Other Trickster Shard

235 - Master Necromancer, LVL 4, Seed of Rebirth, Dispel scroll(can you only have one in an army now?)

Heroes - 238

238 - Vampire, LVL2, Forbidden Lore(was thinking Light), Fear Incarnate(stick him in with the skellies for the 3D6 drop the lowest fear test reroll success) , Armor of Silvered Steel, Great Weapon

Core - 745

410 - Horde of 40 Ghouls + ghast for challenges

205 - Horde of 30 Skeletons(only 30 cuz I can rez them beyond starting size so my lvl 4 necro should get them past 40 by turn 2), Full command, Spears, Screaming Banner

65 - Horde of 20 Zombies. Musician
    65 - Horde of 20 Zombies. Musician
    (My Tarpitters, with the LVL 4 necro casting invocation giving them 2D6+caster level each turn they should do pretty nicely starting at 20.)

Special - 1002

560 - Horde of 40 Grave guard, Great Weapons, Full command, Banner of the Barrows(my ghoul king would prolly rock with these guys)

352 - 9 Crypt Horrors, Champion

45 - Spirit host
    45 - Spirit host
    (these would be my chaff and to add to deployment drops)

Rare - 240

240 - Mortis engine, Blasphemous Tomb

So this is the army I have hashed out so far. There are some things I would like to change but I am not sure how or if it is really worth it. I would like to add in some hero banshees and throw them in the zombies and in an army this size I almost think I need 2 mortis engines. As is I am running the necro around near the zombies, skellies and zombies so I can buff them up first two turns. I should end up turn two with like 2 squads of 44 zombies and my skellies should be at least 40+ strong as well assuming I don't lose any to spells for cannons and whatnot which I know will happen but that's just one cast of invocation each turn and I can throw it out multiple times.

I will be pretty new to this for a while so I will prolly play like trash for a month or something because I don't know how many spells I should be able to get off in this edition with how the dispel dice work and things like that.

Oh right the Mortis engine will run in the center my my army because he has neat little thing that adds +2 to my casting and I roll 2D6+ turn number and everything inside that radius has regen of 6+ and if they already have regen then its upped by one so like my necro will have a 5+ and stuff like that.

So anyway that's the basic idea of the list and what I am taking so far so please feel free to throw scenarios and me and tear my list apart.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

List looks good, but I thought of two things to point out-

First, remember that to increase Skeleton units past their starting size, your Necromancer has to have Master of the Dead. Second, I'd recommend running your zombies 5 wide. If you're going to be using them to tarpit, you want rank bonuses for as long as possible! Other than that I think it's looks good, I'm not super expert-y or anything, only other things I'd say it that you're right that another Mortis Engine would kick ass, or a Terrorgheist, or a small unit of Cairn Wraths with a Banshee. Hope this helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, my bad on the skellies I guess I was just reading the necromancer section and thought that was a special rule he got.. Hrmm... I might see if I can fudge the extra 20 points for that because I need the skellies 40 or larger so all 4 of the ranks can attack otherwise I will need to take off the spears and frankly having both a 6+ ward save and a 6+ regen is kind of pointless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightdrow View Post
    .....frankly having both a 6+ ward save and a 6+ regen is kind of pointless.
    Yeah, but at least without the spears the shields will stack with your light armor in CC. One thing I've learned in the past few games is that our Core units make me a lot happier when I don't try to make them effective in combat. I've stopped fielding ghouls or even skeletons, and just gone with hordes of zombies. If you put your casters in a bunker of 20 zombies, and then pack 4+ units of 20 zombies within 6" of your caster, that's a /minimum/ of 10d6+CL zombies per turn. Even more if you have more units and cast at a higher level. Cast some scary spells like Curse of Years of the Wind first to soak dispel dice, then just ping off invocations and your zombies will multiply stupid fast. They might have a WS of 1, ASL, and 1 INI, but I'd rather have 100 zombies than 20 ghouls any day of the week.

EDIT: Also, I must say that it makes me laugh a lot harder when my zombies break an enemy unit, or get off super lucky wounds on enemy characters/monsters/other elite things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the point is you cant take both a ward save and a regen save the the Mortis engine will be giving me a regen save of 6+ so its a little mute to have them both which is why I say spears so hoard for 3 ranks and spears for 4 so I need master of death. I will agree with the zombies being 5 wide though so I will prolly be doing that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

Oh, hah, sorry, got confused. I was more suggesting the Mortis Engine because not only is it a beast in it's own right, but it would increase the regen save to a lot of your other units, not the skellies. But I see your point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so I tooled it around to fix a few things and I think its allot better now:

Lords - 575

355 - Ghoul Kings, Red Fury, Dragon Bane Gem, Sword of Strife, and The Other Trickster Shard

255 - Master Necromancer, LVL 4, Seed of Rebirth, Dispel scroll, Master of Dead

Heroes - 243

243 - Vampire, LVL2, Forbidden Lore, Aura of Dark Majesty , Armor of Silvered Steel, Great Weapon

Core - 745

205 - Horde of 29 Skeletons, Full command, Spears, Screaming Banner

65 - 20 Zombies. Musician

Special - 1002

560 - Horde of 40 Grave guard, Great Weapons, Full command, Banner of the Barrows

45 - Spirit host
    45 - Spirit host

Rare - 240

Last edited by Lightdrow; April 17th, 2012 at 21:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok my points got messed up somewhere...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK OK OK... I had to fix my points because I counted them wrong so a few tweeks:

Lords - 625

370 - Ghoul Kings, Red Fury, Dragon Bane Gem, Sword of Strife, and The Other Trickster Shard

255 - Master Necromancer, LVL 4, Seed of Rebirth, Dispel scroll, Master of Dead

Heroes - 243

243 - Vampire, LVL2, Forbidden Lore, Aura of Dark Majesty , Armor of Silvered Steel, Great Weapon

Core - 735

195 - Horde of 28 Skeletons, Full command, Spears, Screaming Banner

Special - 957

560 - Horde of 40 Grave guard, Great Weapons, Full command, Banner of the Barrows

?? - Spirit host

Rare - 240

+ Reply to Thread