<3000 2999 Friendly Van Slaat List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

2999 Friendly Van Slaat List

Alright, should have a 2999 point battle against Brettonians either this week or next. I've never played against Brets, so I'm posting this tentative list to see if anyone has any pointers, or sees anything I may have missed. I'm on a win streak, and I hope to keep it going. Thanks in advance! :)

LORDS (680)
    Cousin Ricardo Van Slaat, Strigoi Ghoul King
    -Mounted on a Terrorgheist
    -Aura of Dark Majesty
    -Beguile
    -Quickblood
    -Fear Incarnate
    -Dread Knight
    -Skabsbreath
    -Dragonbane Gem
    -Other Trickster's Shard

HEROES (590)
    (General) Petrus Van Slaat, Necromancer
    -Talisman of Preservation

Nikko Van Slaat, Necromancer
    -Dispel Scroll
    -Ruby Ring of Ruin

Tyrano Van Slaat, Necromancer
    -Scroll of Shielding

3 x Banshee

CORE (789)
    9 x 20 Zombies
    -Standard Bearer

3 x 21 Zombies
    -Standard Bearer

SPECIAL (xxx)
    3 x Corpse Cart

RARE (670)
    2 x Terrorgheist

Mortis Engine

TOTAL: 2999

Each of the Van Slaat Necromancers will be in a separate 21 box of zombies, each with a 10x2 zombie block in front containing a Banshee, and a 5x4 zombie block on each side. Each of these groups will have a corpse cart nearby. Where Cousin Ricardo, the other 'Gheists, and the Mortis Engine go will depend on terrain and drops. I really, really like how scary this list is in the Shooting phase. Only changes that I've thought about are dropping two of the corpse carts, and using those points to make the Necros into level 2 wizards, along with "something else." Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

So, I ended up playing Greenskins. It was a good match, though I was often plagued by bad rolls. Five of my six magic phases in particular were absolute rubbish. Anyways, here's what I learned-

1) Zombies are too spread out. If I can't get off all of the invocations I need to, the units of 20 zombies aren't as good as otherwise. I had three fronts in this battle, next one I'm compressing it to two.

2) Throwing a banshee in a block of zombies is awesome, however next time their blocks need to be much bigger.

3) Mortis Engine + Giant = Bad.

4) Never charge a 15x2 unit of archers with Vargheists. I really should have known this one already, though.

5) Getting off Curse of Years on a unit of 90 Night Goblins is amazing. Also, strategic use of Raise Dead is super helpful.

6) Finally, all of my friends /hate/ the Terrorgheist. Hate hate hate hate hate. Hate to the point that they keep talking about house ruling it into near-uselessness. Anyone else having this problem?

+ Reply to Thread