<2000 2000pts Friendly Fluffy VC Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts Friendly Fluffy VC Army

Okay, so im new to FB and have yet to play a game or become extremely familiar with the rules. I have a general idea on how i want to play this army but i wanted to get some advice from the more experienced members of the community, such as how i should play certain units or if i should drop some stuff to fit in a unit of Black Knights and so on.

Lord#1
    lvl 4 Vampire Lord, Barded Hellstead, Dark Acolyte, Supernatural Horror,Black Periapt, Lore of Vampires
    Hero #1
    Necromancer
    Lvl 2 wizard, Lore of Vampires, Book of Arkhan.
    125pts
    Hero #2
    Necromancer
    Lvl 1 wizard, Dispel Scroll.
    100pts
    Hero #3
    Wight King
    Battle Standard, War Banner, Shield.
    139pts
    Core #1
    30 Skeletons
    Champion, Standard Bearer, Musician, Standard of discipline.
    195pts
    Core #2
    30 Skeletons
    Champion, Standard Bearer, Musician.
    180pts
    Core #3
    29 Ghouls, crypt ghast.
    300pts
    Special #1
    19 Grave Guard
    Senechal, Standard Bearer, Musician, Standard of discipline.
    254pts
    Special #2
    6 Crypt Horrors, crypt haunter.
    238pts

I hope you guys will let me know what you think, cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

This list is pretty generic for a 2.5-3k VC army. The biggest problem, at least in my eyes, is the vampire lord. In 8th addition master necros do everything that vamp mage does, but for 2/3rds of the price and this is something I think you should really consider. A tooled up master necro will cost you 300 points, giving you 170 more points for your list. Unless you are making a CC vampire, I think you are wasting a lot of points.

Also, I dont particularly like your necromancer builds. If I were you I'd take 2 plain Lvl.2 necromancers, or alternatively 1 Lvl.2 necro and 1 Lvl.1 necro with Cursed Book. They dont need dispel scrolls.

Also, Im not sure what "standard of discipline" but as far as Im aware this item doesnt exist (and undead are anything BUT disciplined). Give graveguard great weapons, and banner of barrows and they will become a good damage dealing unit. I personaly hate the notion of using them with swords and shields, its a waste of their potential.

4. ThanksVAMPiRiC MiST thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your input, I'll tak another look over the list with your suggestions in mind.
    The only reason the vamp is lvl 4 is because I was going to stick him with the crypt horrors and from what I read, monstrous infantry can only be healed 1 wound + casters wizard lvl.
    This a the 30 ghuls+ a necro would go up either side of the board while the skeleton and grave guard go up the middle.

+ Reply to Thread