Soc Vampire Counts [2000] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soc Vampire Counts [2000]

Army list

Lords

-Vampire Count Harald von Carstein (lvl 2 wizard) with 2x hand weapons, Crown of the Damned, aura of dark majesty and Summon Wolves

Heroes

-Vampire Thrall Sylvia von Carstein with 2x hand weapons

Core

25 Sylvanian Militia with halberds and full command

Special

25 Drakenhof Guard with full command

Rare

10 Drakenhof Templars

Fluff

Captain Harald of the Third Drakenhof Regiment was a man famous throughout the Empire for his daring deeds of courage with his faithful army. Slaying Dragons and capturing untold hoards of treasure were not unusual acts of bravery for a general of his calibre. He and his wife Sylvia lived a happy life for many years until, one day, Harald heard of a crown that gave the bearer untold powers and, supposedly, immortality. Since his years were rapidly dwindling he decided that this was the best solution for eternal life.
    He and his army marched through barren wastelands to get to the Lahmian Palace at which the crown was supposedly kept. His army hit and ran, killing the small outpost army guarding the gates. He took the crown for himself, although he let his army take what they could before the counter attack was launched. They then ran away back to the Empire, where the Lahmian army soon gave up any hope of reclaimng the treasures. At least, that is waht some say, but many believe that the queen let the army escape, as she foresaw a great potential in Harald.
    By the unearthly powers granted by th crown, Harald and his wife far outlived his army. But the eternal life they were granted came at a price: their sanity. Harald and Sylvia were increasingly hunted down by the witchhunters of the empire, and lost all of their once bountiful possessions and popularity. The crown of the damned, as it is called, gave Harald the power of Necromancy, and for months at a time he studied the black art. However, after some time Harald and Sylvia were no more than decrepid husks, and life seemed like more of a curse than a gift. There was one way to solve this problem, as Harald discovered from his studies. He could go to one of the mysterious 'von Carstein' overlords of the Drakenhof area who had mysteriously infiltrated, and whom Harald believed to be vampires, and recieve the blood kiss.
    This he did, and he promptly gave Sylvia the blood kiss as well. Once they had both gained undeath, Harald used his newly acquired powers to summon up his long dead army from the darkness of their graves. He and his undead legion marched forth, and a new age of bloodshed gripped the nearby withchhunters and towns who stood in his way...

What do you think? If the fluff should go on a different thread I'll change it. All comments are appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Hello.

My expertise are a little rusty with the Sylvanian list, but I'll give it my best shot.

Yoyr Raising ability is limited of course by the fact that you can only have one count!! This could make things difficult for you, as against certain armies, Tzeench, High elves, Lizardmen, Khorne, your power dice will be countered by either items, or by number of mages.

Your grave markers will therefore be your best friend on this battle field. Raise some crossbow wielding skeletons and you will be onto a winner!!

You could also limit down the skeleton numbers for some dire wolves. Fast Cavalry will help you to protect your flanks, as grave marker deployment can be quite random!!

The unit of Drakenhoff guard could do with some protection from missile fire, but that will come from skeletons.

If you reduced all of your units to 20 and drop the thrall you could have 3 spirit hosts as a front line and a couple of units of dire wolves as flank protection.

Let me know what you think
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the SoC list thralls are 1+, though if i brought all infantry units down to 20 I could afford 3 spirit hosts, 5 dire wolves and the bloodline power summon wolves (for war machine killing, as they could be a real problem with my current list). Any thoughts on this, or any other problems people see?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Are you sure you can afford all that. Reducing all your units to 20 only saves you 225 points I think. That won't add up. You could afford 2 spirit hosts, 5 dire wolves and the bloodline power. I think that would really help.

Do your characters stand on their own? If so make sure they have cover!!
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Yeah, I agree with GN. Drop the DGuard to 20 and the Templars to 5 or 6. ANd the core units to 20 or so. Even so it seems like you should have more points available. Have you tallied up the list correctly? I just popped the list into army builder and it reads 1935.

At 2000 pts I'd want at least three characters (lord and two thralls) if not four. And take advantage of the cool sylvanian bloodline powers. Neither your thrall nor count has any.

SO I'd do this.

1. Drop all the troop blocks to 20.
    2. Drop one of the militia units. You'll still have three big infantry blocks.
    3. Don't take halberds on all the militia units. The hw/shld combo helps a lot for armor saves.
    4. Take 5 or 6 templars. They're flankers after all, not Bretonnians who come crashing through the front gate.

Now you're at roughly 1600 pts and still have a solid force. More importantly you can add more support in the form of thralls and role players like fell bats or dire wolves.

And give a good banner to the knights. Like the war banner. And the DGuard could take the drakenhoff banner.

Hope that helped. When and if the Tactics forum reappears, look for Strewart's Sylvania tactics. It gives a ton of good advice on using this army list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

262 (x7)

Someone has agreed with me??? :eek:

If you dropped the Drakenhoff guard down to 19 and put the count in there his summon wolves power would be doubled!!!

Good idea?

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Hope that helped. When and if the Tactics forum reappears, look for Strewart's Sylvania tactics. It gives a ton of good advice on using this army list.
    It's not. All tactics and strategies belong in te army's forums, as they should have to started with. Tactica's can either be submitted as an article and a thread will be created to talk about it, or a pinned thread can be made (articles would be best to be PM'ed to me and I'll pin them.)

KU

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say this a lot of time but here goes:

Zombies

They are quite amazing if you use them correctly.

Get some missile wielding units, thats the reason the SOC list was created, to gave vamps some missile fire.

I don't feel sequre about your lord, give him some kickass magic wep and a shield and your set. Or maybe a great wep, str 7 is always fun to have.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

+ Reply to Thread