[2000] Blood Dragons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

[2000] Blood Dragons

Hello.

I have my third game coming up with my new Blood Dragons, and I wanted to see what you though of this new army selection. The opponent will be skaven, (Damn Rats!!)

Lord---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blood Dragon Count (Lv2): 339pts
    Full Plate armour, shield, 2*Hand Weapons
    Red Fury, Heart Piercing, Crown of the Damned

Heroes------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blood Dragon Thrall: 114pts
    Additional Hand Weapon
    The Flayed Halberk

Necromancer Lv2: 150pts
    2 Dispel Scrolls

Necromancer Lv2: 150pts
    Dispel Scroll, Book of Arkhan

Core---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19 Skeletons: 215pts (Count here)
    Light Armour
    Full Command

19 Skeletons: 215pts (Thrall here)
    Light Armour
    Full Command

20 Zombies: 135pts
    Standard, Musician

20 Zombies: 135pts
    Standard, Musician

8 Ghouls: 64pts

8 Ghouls: 64pts

6 Dire wolves: 60pts

6 Dire wolves: 60pts

Special------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Fell Bats: 60pts

3 Fell Bats: 60pts

Rare---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Banshee's: 180pts

The basic set up is all the main units in the centre with the ghouls on each flank, backed up by the dire wolves. The fell bats will take out skaven war machines, and flank charge. The Necromancers will stand behind the main line of the army to build new units and stay away from shooting!!

The Vampires are both well armoured so that they can challange assasins if needs be!!

Let me know what you think

New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I think it looks pretty solid. The count has a shiled and two hand weapons...is that intentional?

Those Skaven assassins can be pretty nasty...striking first with some ugly weapons.

One magic item I like to take against Skaven is the Rod of Flaming Death. Panic one of those big units with a single wound...it's brilliant.

Good list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

I am making the assumption that if I pay for both I can use the best one for a situation. i.e. against a normal skaven clanrat 2 hand weapons = 6 attacks, against a general hand weapon and shield 2+ save!!

I though about the rod, but a ranked up unit of clan rats gets Ld8. They won't panic that easy. Could use it on slaves I suppose?
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BLOOD DRAGONS YUCK :eek:!

hey ginger long time no see

so I take it you'll be playing a gunline army then

it looks like a good list but I'd try to take more fell bats as you'll want to engauge the guns ASAP.

but thats your choice
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

262 (x7)

Alright Baldy, how are you?

It's actually likely to be a horde army with a screaming bell. I just fancy ripping some clanrats to bits!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do u know what list the skavens will use?
    The list looks good and it will probobly hold for any melee units the skaven has to offer. But look out for Jezzails and ratling guns. Hate em.

If he uses a Warlock guy (or whatever their name is) he might use a stick (forgot that name too). A stick that works as a bound spell Warplightning.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quite all right thank u

a screaming bell eh? risky little s***, can panic the whole skaven army, on the other hand...

Take heed to what spirit knight says, the Warlock Engineers are really chessed but then again they're miscasts aren't too pretty.

Here's a trick, take a cheap char (wight lord?) and send him flying off with the steed of shadows and smash into the char (make sure he isn't into base contact with the unit champ so u can't be challenged) and dierect all of your attacks at him to kill him.

then again I don't think u can take lores...
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

262 (x7)

Lamentably we can only take lore of death and necromancy. Still, could raise a unit of zombies right by him in turn 2!!! I love zombies.

My plan is to use a march in turn one to move everything into position, fell bats, ghouls, and dire wolves so most can charge in turn 2, holding him up long enough to raise some larger units, or a new one in front of his shooting?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm pity, i can see how skaven could be hard for undead to best. Oh well, smack em around with yer count and keep the skele count high.

GL tell us how it goes.

+ Reply to Thread