[2000] Blood dragon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2000] Blood dragon

Im up against Cult of Slanesh and Beast of chaos any help will be appreciated thanks in advance
    LORD
    General
    Vampire Count 329
    Barded nightmare
    crown of the damned
    heart piercing honour or death
    additional hand weapon
    HEROES
    Necromancer 152
    level 2
    barded nightmare
    spell familiar
    casket of ages
    Necromance 150
    level 2
    dispel scroll
    powerstone
    Necromancer 150
    level 2
    dispel scroll
    power stone

CORE UNITS
    20 skells 205
    20spears
    musician x2
    standard
    captain

10 Dire Wolf 110
    Doom wolf 30 Zombies 195
    musician
    Standard

SPECIAL UNITS
    10 Black Knights 274
    all barded
    musician
    standard

14 gravegaurd 226
    all halbergs
    musician
    standard
    crypt keeper

sorry if calculations are wrong and again any help will be much appreciated (sorry if spelt wrong )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Dismount all your characters. Cult of SLaneesh has the shooting to take out that black knight unit quick with bolt throwers. Protect them inside ranked units.

Drop the casket of ages. The book of arkhan is much more valuable.

Drop the doom wolf and take another dire wolf. Same points, one more wound, two attacks on the model instead of one more attack on an existing model.

Drop to twenty zombies so that you can buy more grave guard. They should be at least 16 strong, but I wouldn't consider going less than 20 myself.

Five to seven is a good size for black knights. Most people use five since they're mainly flanking. They should not be taking on ranked up units in the front. You can drop the command, assuming that they are flanking with a ranked unit of skeletons or zombies or graveguard, and that that ranked unit will have a standard and musician. Keep the champion though.

You have four infantry units. I'd drop the skeletons with spears and buy some spirit hosts. Awesome screeners against bolt throwers and missile fire. Great flankers. One of our best units. At 2000, I'd take three bases easy. Against BoC, they can tie up units of monsters that are a big threat to puny skeletons and zombies.

You might go with two units of five dire wolves. Fell bats would be good for war machines or hunting lone characters.

Overall, I'd say add diversity so that you have more strategic options and counterattacks. CoS is a nasty army, and BoC has monsters which can be a tough challenge for VC.

BoC will be much bigger victims to your fear. CoS has a lot of units immune to psychology.

Hope that helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks i think ive got it. Ive drop some units and every thing so im not sure if this one is better or worse. There arnt any calculations but i think im 6 points under if you can find a spot for them it would be good

Lord
    Vampire Count
    crown of the damned
    heart piercing or master strike (please help)
    the flayed hauberk
    Additional hand weapon

Heroes
    Necro level 2
    spell familiar
    book of arkhan
    Necro level 2
    2x dispel scroll
    Necro level 2
    2x dispel scroll

Core
    15 skeletons
    light armour
    full command
    15 Skeltons
    Spears
    full command
    20 Zombies
    full command
    15 ghouls
    Ghast

Special
    5 Black Knight
    All barded
    Hell Knight
    19 Grave Gaurd
    Halberds
    Shields
    Full command
    3 spirit host

For the 2 skeleton groups im not to leave it or put them to gether and give them all spears and armour it would be cheaper i think and i could spend my points on other things any suggestions?

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Right, heres my opinion, for what it's worth!!

I would pick Heart Piercing over Master Strike anyday, I just find it more useful. My configruation for count is slightly different, but I like this one as well.

Drop the Ghast and split the ghouls into 2 units of 8, one down each flank. They don't need to be near the general, and they should find it useful, to harrass cavalry, etc

I would drop the spears and go for 2 units with the light armour option. I would also drop one of the 2*dispel scrolls for the staff of domination, which allow hellish vigour every turn!!

Then I would deploy like this:

----------------------SH--------------------------
    GH--------SK--ZO--GG--SK-------------------GH
    -------BK------NC1-NC2-NC3--------------------

Of course the black knights side can change to suit you. This means the Spirit Hosts will protect your grave guard from shooting, your necros are covered by units, which they can grow with magic every turn, and your ghouls can harrass flanks

I hope this helps
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, i like it any other suggestions will be appreciated. im versing beastmen tzeentch if i didnt mention before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Unlike mortal Chaos armies, they are unlikely to produce the amount of power dice to be feared. Make sure that the bound spells are used every turn, so that they can't dispel everthing, and you should be set.
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I'd drop two dispel scrolls for the staff of damnation, too. You have six dispel dice already.

As usual, I think Gingerninja's recommendations are solid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry to be a bother but ive merged my skeletons into 1 with spears and light armour after reading im thinking i should drop the spears and spend the 30pnts on something else what do you reckon?
    and also what unit should i put my vamp count?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

262 (x7)

I would put your count in a unit of skeletons or zombies, as they need the combat res help more than grave guard. I would suggest using the 30 points, although I make it more than that after you add in the command from the second group, on making the unit of zombies into 2 units of 15, which you can then grow using magic every turn.

Put your count in with the skeletons.

I hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks ill split my zombies up i just hope i can get them in big groups before they get to me

+ Reply to Thread