1000pt first vampire count list, friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt first vampire count list, friendly

hi, im new the the warhammer fantsay side still not to familiar with all the rules and such i tried my best with this list as much input would be greatly appreciated...thanks

BD vampire thrall
    lance/hvyarmour/heartpiercing/master strike
    138pts

Necromancer
    lvl2 wizard/dispell scroll/book of arkhan
    150pts

Necromancer
    lvl2 wizard/cloak of m/s
    145pts

20 skeletons
    light armour/stndbearer/captian/musician
    220pts

20 zombies
    stndbearer/musician
    135pts

5 dire wolves
    50pts

5dire wolves
    50pts

banshee
    90pts

total pts: 978

i dont know what power/dispell dice are and how many i need ect
    someone plz help me out thank alot

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Give the thrall the flayed hauberk, a great weapon, and some nifty bloodline power. WHy does he have a lance if he's not on a mount and has no knights to join anyway?

First necro is good.

Second one, get rid of cloak. Take staff of damnation, another dispel scroll, or a spell familiar.

Zombies can go without a musician.

Otherwise it's well rounded.

You'll have two base power dice, then each wizard gets one for each level he has, and then any more granted from magical items, which in your case is none. That's six.

You'll get two base dispel dice, then each wizard gets one, and then any more from magic items. That's four.

At 1000 pts, that's a good number of power dice. At 2000 pts, I always one three casters, one of which is the vampire count. You should have eight to nine power dice. You can get more, but your army will begin to smell of cheddar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so for the thrall no heavy armour? can u tell me exactly what to keep and what to lose thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also when i give my necro and thrall these item you are telling me to do i not go over the 50 pts limit? im a little confused
    thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What he is saying is that:

The thrall: Great weapon, Flayed Hauberk, (And another magical item for 20 points or a blood line power for 20 points)
    (Instead of Lance/hvyarmour/heartpiercing/master strike)

The second necromancer: Staff of damnatinon or Dispel scroll or spell familiar (instead of cloak of mist and shadows)

You can look up the costs and effects of the items in the Vampire Count armybook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice Army!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPACE VIOLENCE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thrall im fine with but the best ability i can pick is strngth of steel is that good enough? also wit ht he second necro the staff is 40 pts o only got 10 pts left right? so how could i add a dispell scroll at 25 pts or a spell familiar for 15pts? what does the spell familiar do exacly do neways? thanks

ok by bad lol i just read it over i didnt see the or after the staff.....but my questions now is which is best sorry
    thanks lol
    Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; September 1st, 2005 at 00:19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thrall:
    The flayed hauberk takes the places of the heavy armor. Then for a weapon give him a great weapon, and you should be good there. If you want you can take strength of steel also.

Necromancer:
    Spell familiar lets you have one more spell. Normally a wizard has one spell for each level he has. I'd suggest making him a level 2 wizard, then getting the book or arkhan and a dispell scroll.
    Cloak of mist and shadows is nice, but it cuts back on some good magic items you can get. I'd replace it with a power familiar.

Also, i'd take the light armor off the skeletons, it just seems too expensive to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NIDZZZZZZ
    hi, im new the the warhammer fantsay side still not to familiar with all the rules and such i tried my best with this list as much input would be greatly appreciated...thanks

BD vampire thrall
    lance/hvyarmour/heartpiercing/master strike
    138pts

Necromancer
    lvl2 wizard/dispell scroll/book of arkhan
    150pts

Necromancer
    lvl2 wizard/cloak of m/s
    145pts

20 skeletons
    light armour/stndbearer/captian/musician
    220pts

20 zombies
    stndbearer/musician
    135pts

5 dire wolves
    50pts

5dire wolves
    50pts

banshee
    90pts

total pts: 978

i dont know what power/dispell dice are and how many i need ect
    someone plz help me out thank alot
    Power dice are used to cast spells. Dispell dice are used to dispell them. You start with two each, but add a power dice for each level wizrds in your army have. Dispel dice are the same, but 1 and 2 level wizards generate 1, and level 3 and 4 wizards generate 2 each. You cast spells by expending any number of power dice (up to one more than the casters level) to cast. If the total roll equals or exceeds the total required than it is cast and the effects will work. Dispel dice can be rolled in the same way to stop a spell, but must roll equal to or greater than the roll by the caster to dispell it. Dispel scrolls automatically dispel the spell. If two or more 6's are rolled to cast, it is automatically cast and cannot be dispelled. If two 1's are rolled, (even if two 6's are rolled), the spell automatically fails and you roll on the miscast table in the main rulebook.

+ Reply to Thread