[1500] VC Magic Heavy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] VC Magic Heavy

Well anyway... here my first post on LO
    Pretty standard magic heavy VC.

Necromancer - 150p
    -Level 2
    -Book of Arkhan
    -Dispell Scroll

Necromancer - 150p
    -Level 2
    -Power Familiar

Necromancer - 150p
    -Level 2
    -Power Stone
    -Power Stone

Skelletons - 143
    -16 Skelletons
    -Banner
    -Musician

Skelletons - 143
    -16 Skelletons
    -Banner
    -Musician

Zombies - 78
    -13 Zombies

Dire Wolves - 50
    -5 Dire Wolves

Dire Wolves - 50
    -5 Dire Wolves

Fell Bats - 160
    -8 Fell Bats

Fell Bats - 160
    -8 Fell Bats

Black Knights - 299
    -10 Black Knights
    -War Banner
    -Musician

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ph34r
    Well anyway... here my first post on LO
    Pretty standard magic heavy VC.

Necromancer -Level 2 -Book of Arkhan -Dispell Scroll

Necromancer - -Level 2 -Power Familiar

Necromancer - -Level 2 -Power Stone -Power Stone

-16 Skelletons -Banner -Musician

-16 Skelletons -Banner -Musician

-13 Zombies

-5 Dire Wolves

-5 Dire Wolves

-8 Fell Bats

-8 Fell Bats

-10 Black Knights -War Banner -Musician
    Welcome to LO, ph34r!

As for the list, I'd make some suggestions for changes. You've got a lot of magic for a 1500 pt list, and you'll surely dominate the magic phase, as long as you don't miscast. Even so, I'd drop one magic user for a thrall or wight lord. Skeletons and zombies are notoriously bad in combat and need the help of a strong character for combat resolution, something a thrall or wight will give them.

If you really want to go magic heavy, then I'd equip the third necromancer differently. Give him a nice bound spell, which is like having another power die. Maybe the rod of flaming death or the staff of damnation. Either one can pay off big.

As for the skeletons, drop the musician and add a champion. Skeletons never rally as they don't flee, and a tie in combat only costs one skellie, but how often does that happen? A champion will protect your necromancer by accepting challenges and the extra attack is always good.

13 zombies ain't much. Bump them up to 20 and take a standard. They readlly need all the help they can get for combat res.

5 fell bats should do the trick. 16 is way too many. 5 will get to war machines and take them out or kill lone characters. Heck, four always does the trick for me. The points can be better used elsewhere. Get a unit of ghouls instead. They cause fear, have two poisoned attacks, are as tough as wights, and skirmish: a really great unit, one of our best bargains at 8 points.

And last, 10 black knights is mighty big. Most players use 5. VC don't use knights like Brettonian. We always support with knights. Either a coordinated frontal charge or a supported flank charge. I like the war banner on them, too. Good pick.

That should free up a chunk of points to spend elsewhere. Spirit hosts are more than worth the costs. I've very rarely had them not pay back their points. They screen, negate ranks when flanking, suffer very limited damage being ethereal and piss off opponents right and left. Worth the expenditure any day.

Hope that helped and once again, welcome to LO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the quick reply!
    My plan was to stick the mages in the zombie unit and try to shield them with the skelletons. Then i would march up while my faster elements try to go for the flanks.

The fell bats are because one of my opponents is a super-shooty Empire list, and i need a way to quickly get around flanks and hit the war machines. The other benefit of the Fell Bats is that they have a whopping 20" move even if away from my core of units.

I was considering taking a thrall instead of the powerstone Necromancer, and give him the Flayed Hauberk and a great weapon. This could increase my combat power a lot.

And the Black Knights are because 1: I only had one special choice left so it was one big unit and 2: I figure they will buy me some time to summon up skelletons and danse them into combat.

I'll try out some ghouls in my next game this weekend in place of a few Fell Bats.

+ Reply to Thread