500 point Border Princes game Vc vs. OG - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 point Border Princes game Vc vs. OG

ok. this is my first Border princes game against an all night goblin army. My opponent said he will be running 2 spear chukkas probably 1or 2 goblin shamans and 2 blocks of night goblins, and fanatics in each night goblin unit. I have made up a list to counter him.

Necromancer, 2 dispel scrolls, level 2
    Necromancer, 2 dispel scrolls, level 2
    Dire Wolves x5, Doom Wolf
    Dire Wolves x5, Doom Wolf
    Banshee

The banshee will go out and make the fanatics come out of the units and she will scream at the shamans. The wolves will engae the spear chukkas and flank the night gobins when the chukkas are gone. The 2 necromancers i will put behing terrain and build up units of skeletons befrore engaging.

Thats my plan and i hope it works. Any suggestions are helpful and can anyone tell me if the Goblin shamans magic needs line of sight and what the heck are Mad Cap Mushroons?

Eldar_Lord out

You havent seen the light of the Emperor till you have seen the Darkness. We Eldar will exploit your fears. Be ready to die......

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

To be candid, I don't like the list. The spear chukkas and any archers he might field could wipe out your wolves in one turn of shooting. Then what would you have left?

Relying on the necros to raise units is a gamble. They might fail, miscast, or be dispelled. Starting with 13 models is really low. I'd want a lot more.

I'd have one level 2 necro, skellies, dire wolves, and the banshee. I'd almost go zombies, but they might be the one unit night goblins can beat in combat. Skeletons should do better. Then I'd increase their size and summon a new unit, too.

Are you using warband rules? If so that'll effect your minimum unit size, to your advantage, and also your selection of a general.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah use zombies, fear + night gobbo pathetic leadership = happy fun time ^_^

plus u can raise more of them in a pinch.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice and i had a seconed list like the one you made here but i thought 2 level 2 necros would give me a better edge so i went with the wolf list. And i will try your list instead. also i probably should hav mentioned i have allied with a chaos player and were both attacking the goblin guy. So i essentially have 2 hundred points of chaos as well.
    You havent seen the light of the Emperor till you have seen the Darkness. We Eldar will exploit your fears. Be ready to die......

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Okay, well Chaos will give you the punch your guys lack. Yeah, go zombies since they cost so much less. Like Eldar_Lord says, NG leadership will lose the game for them. Dire wolves might just be the trick to take out the enemy shamans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok i played this game the other day and i crushed the oG player badly. I used 1 necro, 1 unit of 40 zombies, and 5 wolves, and a banshee.The chaos player never showed and i still won..............probably though because his general(a goblin shaman) exploded while casting a spell. It was a fun game though all the same and we all had good laughs then.:yes:

+ Reply to Thread