Strigoi power 2000pts! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

Strigoi power 2000pts!

Lords and Heroes: 685pts

Strigoi lord: 410pts
    - lvl 3
    - iron sinews
    - curse of the revenant

Strigoi thrall: 125pts
    - Bat form

Necromancer:
    - lvl 2
    - scroll
    - book of arhkan

CORE: 714pts

20 skeletons: 225pts
    -full cmd
    -LA and shields

20 skeletons: 225pts
    -full cmd
    -LA and shields

9 ghouls: 72pts

6 wolves: 60pts

6 wolves: 60pts

SPECIAL: 524pts

3 fell bats: 60pts

3 spirit hosts: 195pts

8 Black Knights: 269pts
    -full cmd
    -banner of barrows

Pretty much the speedy strigoi list without going over top and into the flying circus of annoyence, any ideas or comments are very welcomed.

""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the list looks quite good, but i have some thoughts about it:

40 skeletons form a pretty good center for your army, though they are quite pricey. have you thought of dropping the light armour, making your lord a count instead and getting a 2nd necromancer. another thing could be dropping your skellies to 15-16 models per unit and then raising models into them during the game. this way your magic defense would still stay the same ( unless you give the new necro a power familiar making your defense even more formidable) also having 3 level 2 wizards might be better than 1 3rd level and 1 2nd level.

but otherwise the list is very strigoi and looks quite balanced. just some thoughts.
    Spoiling is a way of life!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x3)

I have considered the 16 strong skelly units(especially in my more magic oriented lists) but i´m well aware of my opponents love for missle-fire and cavalry(one is a WE player the other HE).
    So not having to focus on raising up my units in the first turns but to create missle-screens and the ever soo funky speedbumps is on the top of my list.

about my lord combo, im just a sucker for the big badass thing the lord is. its not like he is too good to be cheesy but i like it. Granted i have considered and will with all likelyhood use the classic count + 2 necro combo + melee character some day.
    For now though 7pd + a bound spell will have to do it(i want to go lenient on my friend who is new WH as well, well ok not lenient but not a uber magic phase ).
    Its not an easy list to play i think but kinda friendly i think it is :yes:

cheers dancey.
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your playing WE and HE with this list??? your going to rip them to shreds lol those suckers haha

though one more thing.... give ur lord wings aaaaaand curse of the revenant... my firend uses that and he pwns everyone he hasnt lost a battle in a year I think...his army is unstoppable... that lord flying around with regen (and the fact he can cast spell on himself to heal his wounds) will kill all those pesky shooters that stay behind enemy lines liek those damn bolt throwers!
    Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; December 23rd, 2005 at 22:01.
    What you are we once were. What we are you will become!!!

And
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

nice point

but its a big risk and often silly to let your general fly away, leaving the whole army behind with a pesky 4" movement
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch Thomo View Post
    Hell, I even just copied the name from And - so it's all his fault! :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by And
    nice point

but its a big risk and often silly to let your general fly away, leaving the whole army behind with a pesky 4" movement
    i can be, but you can push them forth army for a few turns before unleashing him. this has to be used with some caution still, however not every army will just sit tight and wait for me to come to them, some wants to jump into the thick of it which makes my work easier.

cheers daceny!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nonono believe me it will work lo.... either they start firing everything at your lord (which will do almost jack all due to single model plus his ward and regen) or they will move a decent unit to block him or try to stop him somehow (which wont happen caus eyou just fly by them) and while hes over one the enemy side causing havoc your army pushes forward and your lord is keeping half of the other guy's army busy. also you can support him with 2 units of fell bats and move your wolves up with him causeing march blocking and MAYHEM!!! muahaha believe me its fool proof done properly
    What you are we once were. What we are you will become!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yuor list is illegal !!!

Stirgois cant field the necromancers, Skeletons are special, wolves are specials too, but im not sure, codex at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Saulius
    Yuor list is illegal !!!

Stirgois cant field the necromancers, Skeletons are special, wolves are specials too, but im not sure, codex at home.
    You´re thinking of the appendix lists in the back which arent tournament legal or even offical lists. You need your opponents permission to use them and they are actually considered quite broken and were only put there to add a little spice and fun for casual gamers wanting some fun.

No matter which bloodline you choose you still go my the lords/heroes/CORE/SPECIAL/RARE choices as per the main list.

so basicly my list is very much legal

+ Reply to Thread