500 point vampire count army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 point vampire count army

I am going to make a 500 point border patrol army of VC to see if i should collect them. So far i have made a list. I was hoping youz could help me improve it or tell me what i should take, here it is:

necromancer, lvl 2, book of arkhan...... 125 pts

7 ghouls ...... 56 pts

7 ghouls ...... 56 pts

6 ghouls ...... 48 pts

19 zombies, standard ...... 124 pts

banshee ...... 90 pts

Since it's border patrol, my zombies wont be up against a really scary unit. Since for CR i get 3 ranks, banner and i will proberly outnumber, i get 5 before the combat begins.

I like ghouls because they are skirmishers, they have 2 attacks each, toughness 4 and the have poisened attacks. They can also block LOS, lets just say handgunners lol.

i took a banshee because you wont see that many magical weapons.. unless i'm playing dwarfs and they can just put 1 rune on it and the cannon becomes magical

can anyone help me make improvments if this army looks stupid lol. thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by x wardancer x
    I am going to make a 500 point border patrol army of VC to see if i should collect them. So far i have made a list. I was hoping youz could help me improve it or tell me what i should take, here it is:

necromancer, lvl 2, book of arkhan...... 125 pts

7 ghouls ...... 56 pts

7 ghouls ...... 56 pts

6 ghouls ...... 48 pts

19 zombies, standard ...... 124 pts

banshee ...... 90 pts

Since it's border patrol, my zombies wont be up against a really scary unit. Since for CR i get 3 ranks, banner and i will proberly outnumber, i get 5 before the combat begins.

I like ghouls because they are skirmishers, they have 2 attacks each, toughness 4 and the have poisened attacks. They can also block LOS, lets just say handgunners lol.

i took a banshee because you wont see that many magical weapons.. unless i'm playing dwarfs and they can just put 1 rune on it and the cannon becomes magical

can anyone help me make improvments if this army looks stupid lol. thanks.
    It's a fine list. For your purposes, I'd leave it like it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

The list is sound, but for one point. If you look up you'll find my Doubles Torny list (of 2X500 points).

I was going to include a banshee but i decided not to for the following reasons:
    1) The don't need to be hurt by magical weapons, only outnumberd and they will loose combat.
    2)While potentially VERY effective, they are not guarenteed to use their howl well and that's a BIG 90 points in a 500 point list.

Personally i would change it in one of two ways:
    1) Take away the Banshee and use the points to add to the Ghouls units...with Ld 6 and being alive they only need to be shot up a little but and their will be panicing...a role you will mostly fail.
    2) Take away the Banshee, one of the units of Ghouls and take 2 bases of Spirits Hosts. That's 8 Ethereal attacks that can flank an enemy unit, and use any points left over to boost the other two units of Ghouls.

+ Reply to Thread