Von Carstein 2000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Von Carstein 2000pts

Hi ive just joined and would like my new army rating.
    Ive only just strated VC and this is my first army list, please help me sort it out.

Lords

Vampire Count
    level 2 - nercomancy
    winged nightmare
    lance
    The Flayed Hauberk
    Walking Death
    481pts

Heroes

Necromancer
    level 2 - necromancy
    barded nightmare
    Black Periapt
    Spell Familiar
    142pts

Necromancer
    level 2 - death
    barded nightmare
    Dispell Scroll x 2
    127pts

Core

Skeletons
    light armour
    shields
    spears
    musician
    standard bearer
    235pts

Zombies
    musician
    standard bearer
    105pts

Dire Wolves
    60pts

Special

Grave Guard
    shields
    full command
    War Banner
    235pts

Black Knights
    barded nightmares
    full command
    Banner of the Barrows
    285pts

Spirit Hosts
    130pts

Rare

Black Coach
    200pts

TOTAL = 2000pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Here's a passage I wrote for my VC (Playing with...)tactica (which is still incomplete).

What about mounts? Blood Dragons make fluffy generals on horseback, and the thought of terrorizing the enemy on a Winged Nightmare or Zombie Dragon can make one drool with anticipated destructive delight. And doing so can certainly lead to a world of hurt for the enemy, but as there always is with any tactic, risks are tagging along on the tailwinds of destruction. First, the aforementioned march range. The general might race too far from his core army, and should he need them in a support role when he hits combat, they will be slow in the coming. Second, he rides a large target, and Nagash forbid that a large unit of skinks, archers, crossbowmen, or just a small bolt thrower crew gets into him. He could be pin cushioned early. The Wristbands of Black Gold provide a strong save against missile fire, and any general on a flying mount that I field always wears the wristbands. Unfortunately, the wristbands’ influence doesn’t extend to the mount itself, and the general can find himself suddenly on foot and hiding behind the carcass of his prized weapon of mass destruction. Last, knights and monsters always attract a lot of attention. Expect everything and the kitchen’s oak barrel sink to come winging at you. I like to hold back and wait to flank with my general in such a case. If flying he can spread terror on low leadership units or bluff a unit into reforming in a most inconvenient fashion. On the other hand, one can’t hold out too long with him or his point value as a combat unit won’t be recouped. So I like to see him eating up enemies on the third turn. Whenever possible I’ll avoid contact with characters (again, favoring flank and rear charges) making his armor saves that much easier.
    In other words, get that guy off the nightmare. Also, nightmares don't have armor saves. A wily opponent will direct all his attacks at the nightmare which has no defense against them.

Speaking of mounts, your necromancers on nightmares will be dead by turn three. They should be on foot so that they can skirmish, hide in units, hide in the woods, anything other than sit on top of horses asking to be shot at. Even if you put them with the BKs, which doesn't make sense as necros shouldn't be galavanting across the field of battle, any opponent with a grain of intelligence will target them and kill them off pronto.

Skeletons are better off IMO without spears. The 4+ save means more than the extra attack.

At 2000 pts, I rarely take black knights and grave guard, and I never take BKs, GG, and the black coach. That's huge chunk of points. You'd have a more flexible army if you dropped the coach, took another spirit host, added some fell bats, another unit of wolves, and a unit of ghouls.

Also, you can get by with fewer black knights. They're not a frontal assault unit like brettonians. They're flankers, and damned good ones. But I'd take six instead of eight. Just as effective and cheaper. Use the points to add more Grave Guard. That unit's too small to survive long.

Also, I'd switch the banners on the two wight units. The guard will get a lot more from hitting on 3+ for several rounds of combat. The knights should hit a flank or rear, break the enemy through combat res (and the war banner guarantees combat res) and overrun into another unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04
    Here's a passage I wrote for my VC (Playing with...)tactica (which is still incomplete).

In other words, get that guy off the nightmare. Also, nightmares don't have armor saves. A wily opponent will direct all his attacks at the nightmare which has no defense against them.

Speaking of mounts, your necromancers on nightmares will be dead by turn three. They should be on foot so that they can skirmish, hide in units, hide in the woods, anything other than sit on top of horses asking to be shot at. Even if you put them with the BKs, which doesn't make sense as necros shouldn't be galavanting across the field of battle, any opponent with a grain of intelligence will target them and kill them off pronto.

Skeletons are better off IMO without spears. The 4+ save means more than the extra attack.

At 2000 pts, I rarely take black knights and grave guard, and I never take BKs, GG, and the black coach. That's huge chunk of points. You'd have a more flexible army if you dropped the coach, took another spirit host, added some fell bats, another unit of wolves, and a unit of ghouls.

Also, you can get by with fewer black knights. They're not a frontal assault unit like brettonians. They're flankers, and damned good ones. But I'd take six instead of eight. Just as effective and cheaper. Use the points to add more Grave Guard. That unit's too small to survive long.

Also, I'd switch the banners on the two wight units. The guard will get a lot more from hitting on 3+ for several rounds of combat. The knights should hit a flank or rear, break the enemy through combat res (and the war banner guarantees combat res) and overrun into another unit.
    *clap clap* bravo david that was perfect lol... to add some of my own input Id say get rid of the spell familiar and black periapt (btw each character may have only ONE arcane item unless its scrolls or powerstones.) and give him a the book of arkhan.. nothing strikes fear like your BK moving MORE movement in the same phase.. very funny to watch people squirm.

ehhhh not a fan of zombies... Id drop them and the spears on the skellies and then make to even units of the same amount of skellies (dont worry on the size you can easiyl resummon more (plus you have lots of extra points form getting rid of that nightmare riiiight))

trash the coach... unless ur playing a sylvanian list where you take two of them for a good old 350 pts then dont bother in a 2000 point army. Id get rid of that thing and get more knights and GG. unlike david I LIKE using my cool units

Unfortunately you may not have the flayed hauberk and cast spells at the same time.. SO take him of the nightmare, give him the obsidian amulet, a great weapon, some arcane Item and stick him in one of those newly created skelly units (your gonna make them riiiight? lol)

so yeah thats my two sense hope it helped
    What you are we once were. What we are you will become!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input i'll bear it in mind. Any more advice would be appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread