2,000 Blood Dragons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2,000 Blood Dragons

Blood Dragons 2,000 -

24 Skeletons - 212
    hand weapons + shields
    captain, standard bearer

24 Skeletons - 236
    spears + shields
    captain, standard bearer

5 Dire Wolves - 50

5 Dire Wolves - 50

5 Black Knights - 157
    barding
    standard bearer, hell knight

5 Black Knights - 157
    barding
    standard bearer, hell knight

14 Grave Guard - 206
    shields
    standard bearer, crypt keeper

Vampire Count -343
    Level 2
    Shield, Full Plate
    Heart Piercing, Master Strike, Ring of the Night, Sword of Might

Necromancer - 140
    Level 2
    Black Periapt, Book of Arkhan

Vampire Thrall - 128
    Nightmare
    Flayed Hauberk, Biting blade

Necromancer - 150
    Level 2
    x2 Dispel Scrolls

Total : 1637

Well, thats my list so far. As you can see I'm short 363 points, and dont know what to spend the rest on. As of right now I dont have any fell bats, ghouls, spirit hosts or bat swarms. I know I need to get out and go get some, but as of late I've had little time to do anything. I have a couple other modules (banshee, 16 skeleton archers, wight lord, wraith, 2 necrach vampires, 5 "old school" skeleton horsemen, and several zombie modules I plan to use by summoning ingame.) If I can't make a 2,000 point list out of what I have, I'd gladly cut it down to 1,650 or 1,700 to reduce me just cramming heroes in. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... Well, you were smart to not include any musicians, as they are 100% useless in Undead Armies. You might want to include a unit of zombies, as these are only effective in massive units, and although your necros can summon them, it would be best to have a small starting unit with a standard. Zombies function by survivng long enough to win a combat, and then overpowering the opponent with their numerical superiority. If you don't have something at the start, you'll have to make the unit from scratch, which means either A) Directing large amounts of your power dice expressly to the purpose of summoning Zombies or Having a small and ineffective zombie unit.

Also, I often find it useful to include a highly upgraded skeleton unit, so that when I add models the get the extra equipment free. Therefore, you should consider giving light armour to your unit with hand weapons, lending them a 4+ save in CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummm khorne lord... are you nuts? musicians are EXTREMELY useful in undead armies. say the undead guy outnumbers the opponent and you are fighting a unit which has no musician (and there are plenty of units int eh game wiht no musicians) then you win combat and he autobreaks.... for the little extar points cost I would certainly take a musician just to be on the safe side.

You army is simliar to mine (its just a bit further down in this forum) except you have much much more skellies less GG and BK I suggets taking more of the elite units becaus eyou cant raise them in the game. plus you have a lot of magic so you should be able to raise those units up very quickly... spears are useless so drop them if I were you Id take 2 units of 15 skellies totally armoured up... or 20 skellies your choice depending on how safe you feel with your rolling of magic. and Id spend the rest on beefing up those elite units hf
    What you are we once were. What we are you will become!!!

+ Reply to Thread